New GridironFans.com 4.0 Skin Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'GridironFans Support' started by SRW, Dec 24, 2011.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

FYI, the spacing issue with the Likes counter on threads is now fixed. The links to your profile and private message in the sidebar column on the home page now work. Also, I edited the toolbar some and added a "Games" button. Drawback is the games have ads so you'll have to wait a couple seconds to play.

2. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Fans refugee

@SteveRobWhatever

It happened to me again, I think it may have something to do with the notifications thing that pops up at the top. After clicking that (taking me to my profile page) then I went back to the forum index and things were messed up.

I logged out again and logged back in and things are fine again. Maybe I need to clear my cache/cookies?

3. SRW

[MENTION=1146]BoltzRule[/MENTION], do me a favor, can you send me a like? That way I can see if that's the issue.

4. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Fans refugee

@SteveRobWhatever If you aren't able to duplicate it or anything then don't worry about it. So far things look fine if it happens again I'll let you know.

5. SRW

Screenshot is with Firefox 9.0 being used on my end:

[​IMG]

I am not having that error, I had two notifications sent and blinking when I took the screenshot

Last edited: Jan 3, 2012
  6. 86WARD

86WARD -

I understand that and am good with it...

7. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Any chance of a dark version of the new skin in the future?

[MENTION=1]SteveRobWhatever[/MENTION]

Last edited: Jan 4, 2012
  8. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

facebook aside, it still looks to overloaded to me

9. 86WARD

86WARD -

Could an option be put out there to minimize those sections?

10. SRW

No, that function is not available for the sidebar with the way it's coded.

11. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

It is a bit overloaded, I agree, but after having the skin on for a while I have started to get a feel for it and I like it. With the new posts icon being displayed its all good. I like the idea of a dark skin version though.

12. Steve12

Yea I've always been a fan of darker skins. Hopefully that'll be an option eventually.

13. 86WARD

86WARD -

Cool background...:wink:

[MENTION=1]SteveRobWhatever[/MENTION]

14. 86WARD

86WARD -

"New Posts" in the User Info box gone?

15. SRW

Just testing some things. For now the new posts link can be found in the second navbar menu.

16. Xpunk10

Xpunk10 X10

I hated it there! I like it on the left side of my screen.

17. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

Is anyone else having trouble with this skin slowing the site down?

18. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

No.

Now that I've used the new layout and skin for awhile, I really like the changes. especially moving the User Stats from the top of the post to the left side. Seems to clean it up. The only thing I don't like is the amount of dead space below the sigpic. Even with a sigpic and a banner there's dead space. I'm guessing 25-40% of each page is wasted space depending on which users have posts on that page. I would prefer a smaller area below a post so that when scrolling a page you're reading more posts. Just my opinion.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2012
  19. SRW

It bothers me too. I was going to tinker with the layout some, maybe move the favorite teams and member badges under the sig in a row going from left to right.

20. Steve12

That would make it a lot easier to use the site on my phone. Definitely would cut down on the scrolling, which is super annoying.