Josh Hamilton Has Another Relapse

Discussion in 'Baseball Talk' started by Dragonite, Feb 3, 2012.

1. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

2. The Sith

The Sith 1st Stringer

UH OH!...now he will be drug tested because the alcohol leads to his addiction to crack cocaine. rangers should have signed Prince Fielder and let Josh Hamilton walk after the 2012 season.

3. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Definitely not good. Booze by itself in the hands of Josh Hamilton is bad news. Whether it leads to drugs is speculation, but anyone who is a fan or supporter of Hamilton needs to pray that he has the ability to stay strong. If he can't he'll end up in the obituaries with his history. I just don't want to read some story where he tries to justify drinking again.

4. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

this is a real sad story. especially since he had a great year last year

5. smeags

smeags militant geek

the guy needs better people around him

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

QFT!!

7. markaz

As a pro athlete and "recovering" alcoholic, is there a worse group to associate with than baseball players? Good God, the clubhouse (during the season, anyway) makes beer available to the players after each game. You want to be a good teammate, but the pressure has to be enormous around ballplayers. IMO.

8. smeags

smeags militant geek

true but this was offseason.

9. markaz

He certainly stands to lose a lot more than a baseball career. Lost my father to booze at the ripe old age of 53. Alcoholism affects far more than the person abusing the booze.

10. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

oh god come on the guy cant drink because people say he has a problem when he really doesent nottin wrong with drinking

11. smeags

smeags militant geek

i'd rip you apartfor this asinine statement but it's actually good to have a drunk in denial's POV on the subject so please, enlighten us some more.

12. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

I know baskett has a history of "simple" comments but that's a really stupid statement. Getting drunk makes you want to do everything you can't, ask anybody who's tried to quit smoking, and that's way less of a big deal.

Here's hoping he didn't relapse on crack. Baskett, go smoke a bunch or crack and report back immediately.

13. The Sith

The Sith 1st Stringer

This is a grown man you can't baby sit him 24/7. He knew drinking the alcohol at an Dallas bar would get leaked out he didn't care..

14. smeags

smeags militant geek

was he out alone or with others ? i assume he was with people. point being he needs to surround himself with better people. that has nothing to do with babysitting.

15. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

Crack is diffrent i would never do crack

who cares if he went to a bar and had some drinks hes aloud to. I just hate how in our society just cause you like to drink they label you as someone with a problem. Cant you just like to drink? As long as you get your crap done it shouldent matter. As long as it doesent effect the way he plays baseball whos to tell him what to do hes a grown man.

16. smeags

smeags militant geek

:laughy32:

17. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Since this is the final year of his contract, there's no telling how much money he's cost himself doing this.

Hypothetical situation:

Let's say that you are a bartender at a bar, and you see Josh Hamilton walk in. Do you serve him or not. I say no.

Thoughts?

18. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Wow bitb, you literally have no idea what being an addict is all about.

19. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Josh is supposed to have a press conference at 1 PM, Dallas time. Just a little over an hour from now.

20. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

You obviously know nothing of Hamilton's past and actually you're trolling this thread with ignorance.