The Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by smeags, Aug 27, 2007.

1. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Whats the deal with Washburn and Spags?

2. smeags

smeags militant geek

3. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

I saw something interested posted on the Eagles board today. Someone had the suggestion to bring back Brian Dawkins in the off season. He IS a free agent after all. However, don't sign him to play safety since his neck is pretty much destroyed but bring him back to retire as an Eagle (he'll always be an Eagle) and have him as Bowles assistant. He'd be AWESOME to fire up the defense before games and teach some of these younger guys how to get fired up. It'd be hard not to get fired up with him leading the pregame. And he's always been a pretty smart defensive guy so maybe help to groom him in the future to be a coach. Kind of like how Duce Staley is the offensive quality control guy.

4. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I'd take Dawk back in any capacity. Including head coach...

5. smeags

smeags militant geek

this makes sense for too many reasons.

6. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

That would be very good. IMO I wish the cowboys did more of this and not at the kicker level

I would love to have Woodsen as a coach or Bill Bates or Michael Irvin

One can dream

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Taken from the Luke Kuechly thread...

Jamar Chaney can ball. He's fast and strong as hell. He'd probably run circles around this dude from what I'm reading in this thread.

I am one of the rare few who think Chaney could thrive in the middle if given some consistent time there. He shows ability. Problem is he has scrubs all around him. I like Rolle as a situational player but don't think he can be a full time player and it's mainly because of his size. He is a good player.

You give me Lofton in FA and the best DT available in the first and I'd feel a crapload more confident going into the season... hell, heck DT and go get Burfict. We got Dixon coming back next year and if he can play the run like he did two years ago, we can afford to address DT in the second or third.

Rotation of Lofton - Burfict - Chaney - Rolle - the other scrubs sprinked in when the others get tired, and I'd cream.

8. smeags

smeags militant geek

if the MLB position gets addressed it does wonders for the defense as a whole. get brockers in the 1stt and look out.

then the only issue is the QB spot. never going to win it all with vick. never.

9. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

If he changes his game and learns from his mistakes we can. He has 5x the natural ability that the QB holding the Lombardi yesterday has, he just needs to grow as a player and learn hot reads and audibles.

I know, it's likely not gonna happen... but he isn't a scrub. If he became more of a student in the game, he could be great.

10. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

if vick could find a way to play consistantly the way he did year before this year we can win it all. plus now he actually gets a offseason as the starter

i believe in vick

11. smeags

smeags militant geek

the guy is what 32 ? 33 now ? he's done growing at the position. he is what he is. i think we have to garsp the idea that while vick has a ton more athletic ability than basically any other qb in the league that deosnt translate into qb ability.

basket - he didn't even play consistent in 2010. great first half then dropped off the 2nd half.

again the guy is what he is at his age. great athlete sure but what tells you that you'd see the type of adjustments & play in big moments that both those qb's have made for years ? i just don't see it.

maybe i'm just setting myself up with low expectations so it can only get better.

12. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

He doesent really need to play amazing just heck up less. After the year lesean had i would love for us to become a running team. Run the ball and bolster that middle of the defense and the eagles should be pretty good next year.

13. smeags

smeags militant geek

yeah, less turnovers would be great.

14. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I think Vick is capable of winning a Super Bowl, but it would have to be with an excellent defense. That we do not have.

15. smeags

smeags militant geek

you put together an elite defense & i think you're right because it would cover up his mistakes and because he is what he is at this point.

i don't know, there's just something missing on this team that goes beyond coaching and talent. they need guys with more heart IMO. where's the dawks ? the trotts ? runyans ? it's missing.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2012
  16. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

True.

That's one reason I want Burfict. I know he isn't a perfect prospect, but this defense needs some attitude, some energy, someone to talk some crap and get the people around him fired up. He'll mature, too. But he's got that fire.

And yes, Vick needs to eliminate the turnovers in a big way. That would help dramatically. It is a shame to know that he is not a guy you can feel confident in going into the 4th quarter to win it for you. But nothing can be done there.

17. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

I actually 100% agree with you on this one. This team is just a meh team. They just seem to go through the motions at this point. It's incredibly frustrating to watch. There's no one firing them up on the sidelines or looking REALLY into the game. They need a spark.

18. smeags

smeags militant geek

where is burfict projected to go ? would he possibly be there in the 2nd ? you would definitely bring an attitude that is sorely missing on this roster.

19. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

Late 1st to the Ravens is where I've seen him go in a couple of drafts. But it all seems to be late first, early 2nd.

20. smeags

smeags militant geek

trade down ? the eagles are good at that afterall. i still like getting lofton if he isnt tagged or tullock then brockers but the more i think about this kid is what this defense needs. a nasty mofo.