NFL Says Saints Created 'Bounty Program' From 2009-2011

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints' started by Sweets, Mar 2, 2012.

1. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

yes, i doubt very many players purposely want to end a guy's career. I'm not saying these guys are evil, but I would say most of these defensive players and coaches know that it's just a necessary risk in order to become a respected and feared defense. Their job is to put fear, pain, and hurt into the opposing offense to give themselves an edge and if, by doing that, an injury occurs, it's not going to stop them from doing their jobs. To me, that qualifies as hitting with the intent to injure. I'm not saying I disagree with it because if I were a defender or a coach, I would be preaching the same thing to give myself an edge.

2. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Can't we just enjoy the fact that the Saints are about to get heavily punished?

3. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Here, here, Crowned. They flipped the bird to the NFL when warned, and now it's payback time.

Hell yes take their first round pick (or more). Suspension of staffers and fines are ineffective and a passing joke.

4. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

I am glad some people here are playing the voice of reason. Captain Stubing and Tarkus are 100% correct and everyone screaming about how "BAD" this is doesn't have a clue what football is about.

5. CaptainStubing

this could have just as easily been one of your teams.

and, you may be next if this causes other organizations to get outed ...............

6. Dragonite

This man speaks the truth, I would love to see the reactions when it comes out on them.

7. Crowned

But it's not, lolsaints.

8. Dragonite

One day it will be and honestly I will just sit back and laugh as everyone on this board suddenly changes their tune lol.

9. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Oh yea guys I forgot. We're automatically fools because dragonite has a different opinion than us. God I'm so stupid. :icon_rolleyes:

10. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

No bro you're ignorant.

11. Steve12

My bad. I forgot dragonite's opinion was the only one that counts.

12. Dragonite

See I expect this from the resident forum troll

13. Steve12

Lmao. That actually made me laugh. Let's not get off topic here. If you have a problem we have a fight club. Of not then continue playing the elitist and wet can move on.

14. 86WARD

86WARD -

Do you think the "bounty" on Mohammed Massoquoi balanced out James Harrison's fine?

15. Dragonite

There was probably a stipulation that the bounty pay for his fine and he get 500 k on top of that.

16. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

If anything you would think there would have been a bounty to keep Massaquoi in the game.

17. Crowned

My stance on this is that I don't doubt players of nearly every team do this behind the scenes, but when coaches are involved that is just disgusting.

18. CaptainStubing

:rofl:

19. Dragonite

I agree, coaches should def. not get involved and this is pretty disgusting. Can't say I don't suspect other coaches do the smae though.

20. Crowned

I'm sure it happen elsewhere. If I was a defensive coordinator and my players were doing it, I would probably just turn a blind eye to it and act like I didn't know it was going on. But it sounds like Williams was the one who was orchestrating the damn thing on every defense he was apart of.