Colts Cut Gary Brackett, Joseph Addai, Dallas Clark, Melvin Bullitt

Discussion in 'Indianapolis Colts' started by SRW, Mar 9, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Just two days after officially releasing Peyton Manning, the Indianapolis Colts have also decided to part ways with running back Joseph Addai, linebacker Gary Brackett, defensive back Melvin Bullitt, tight end Dallas Clark and quarterback Curtis Painter. With Friday's roster moves, the Colts have made it clear that they are moving in a different direction. All five players started their NFL careers with the Colts. "These players all made tremendous contributions to the organization and will forever be members of the Colts family," said Owner & CEO Jim Irsay. "It's always difficult to make these decisions which the nature of the salary cap requires. Their legacies with the Colts will be forever remembered by the organization, fans and Indianapolis community. We wish them all the best in their future endeavors."

Source: Sports Network

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

Dallas Clark?!?

:icon_eek:

3. YEAH DUDE!

YEAH DUDE! CHAMPION OF THE UNIVERSE!

Dallas Clark, wow.

4. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

Dallas Clark? Woah...doing a total overhaul?

5. RichLikeWh0a

RichLikeWh0a Hermhater = Nemesis

I think Irsay has literally went insane.

6. Three7s

Three7s 1st Stringer

I'll take Clark on the Chiefs. He'd be a hell of a #1 TE for Moeaki to learn from.

7. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

They are going to regret cutting Painter

8. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

Clark? Really? Irsay is blowing this team up. Lot of people going to be calling Dallas Clark.

9. Jihad Joe

He's 32 and has had just over 700 yards the last two years combined. Injuries or not, thats not great production

10. dpn

dpn 18to44

These guys have been great in the past, but injuries and lack of production have been increasing with all these guys(except Painter. He just sucks). Last year Clark was practically nonxistent during the games. I am not so sure he deserves a big payment. Love Clark, but not sure if he has much left in the tank or just needs a change.

11. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Manning made Clark, with him gone there's no point in keeping Clark around.

12. Dragonite

Thats true but lets not over react just yet. I mean last year everyone on that team looked like crap. I want to see how he performs when he's healthy and has a decent QB throwing him the ball I think hes still a damn good TE in this league.

13. Jihad Joe

He wasn't that great in 2010 either even tho he only played 6 games. Was averaging just over 50 yards a game then. I think he's done

Sent by HTC Vivid using Tapatalk

14. Dragonite

He might be done, I can't dispute that, but if you sign him to a low risk contract and hes got one or two good years in him its worth it.

15. Jihad Joe

Or he could be a progress stopper. At this point in his career he is a #2 TE

Sent by HTC Vivid using Tapatalk

16. Dragonite

For a team with no TE's of note who are just looking to bridge the gap hes a low risk high reward kind of player in my opinion. If he sucks, its not like your losing anything if your other TE's suck too.