Sixers 7-2 Turning It Around???

Discussion in 'Basketball Talk' started by ball in the baskett, Jan 10, 2012.

?

76ers

1. turning it around

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. same old 50 percent winning percentage sixers

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

The Sixers don't match up well against Miami at all, but their shot selection was terrible, and even worse was the way they seemed to quit in the 4th. Glad Collins got that crap corrected real quick.

2. smeags

smeags militant geek

yeah the players seemed scared to go to the hole. when they did they got points. no doubt they wilted in the 4th. that's two straight games now against the heat.

3. DawkinsINT

The rebounding was atrocious, but Lou comes up huge in the 4th to "Beat LA!". Feels good to finally win again versus those hecks.

4. smeags

smeags militant geek

big win. 4-1 on this stretch of playing the best teams in the league. the doubters are running out of excuses for not acknowledging this team as legit.

5. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Like I said earlier, they are very legit, but they need that slasher to open thing up for the sharpshooters. And having that defensive presence in the post would top off.

6. smeags

smeags militant geek

yeah and if iggy would ever get it out of his head that he's the sharpshooter and drive to the damn basket more.

IMO lavoy allen is going to develope into that defensive presence. i see brand being sent on his way after this season via the amnesty clause and see allen going to PF. that leaves hawes in the middle (assuming he re-signs) and vucevic to play center

7. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

That's a good lineup, but going against teams like the Bulls and Heat takes more than just simple development, on the defensive side. You have to learn to play defense without getting into foul trouble.

8. smeags

smeags militant geek

allen is a rookie who like all others didnt get a full training camp and gets no quality practice time between games. it's acutallu amazing how well he's doing but yeah learning to play D in the paint while not getting into foul trouble is going to be the key with him. give collins the time he needs with him and i think he will be ok.

the bulls do not scare me. the sixers match up well against them. the heat are another story but the same could be said of them against any other team in the league.

9. smeags

smeags militant geek

going again tonight. just might be the last time i see holiday & iggy playing in a sixers uniform.

10. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

is there rumors of them being traded or something?

11. smeags

smeags militant geek

nothing def but iggy is always discussed. just wondering about holiday because turner is a PG and is finally getting playing time. i think the sixers need to package these guys and get something. preferably a good SG.

12. ball in the baskett

yea iggy is always in trade talk but idk i like iggy dont know if it would help to trade him. Our team is pretty decent right now dont really have to make a trade and holiday hey its good to have 2 good players one could come off the bench

13. smeags

smeags militant geek

unless jrue can cope playing SG - you move him. no way do you sit on holliday as a bench player. he's got trade value as a point guard.

iggy wouldnt be an issue if it werent for that horrifc contract he got. if you can move him do it.

wouldnt be too upset if the sixers made a move for josh smith and/or o.j mayo.

14. ball in the baskett

I could live with josh smith

15. DawkinsINT

Coach Collins, the crowd, the announcers, a million tv viewers, and myself were all yelling at Iggy to foul James in the last 30 seconds. He didn't and almost got the 8 seconds call against King James, but in the end it was a stupid play.

Even with a healthy Hawesome, this team is not talented enough to win it all. They are fun to watch though with their defense. After all of the years of ugliness, it's nice to have a team worth watching again.

16. smeags

smeags militant geek

that's the truth dawk. fun to watch a good squad play good "team" basketball. no pipedreams on my part as i only hope to see the sixers possibly win the division and get passed the 1st round.

then we'll see what thorne can do in the off-season to make this team better.