The Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by smeags, Aug 27, 2007.

1. smeags

smeags militant geek

there def has to be some other moves down the road. as of now the eagles arer $11.8mil under the cap after the moves this week which includes the jackson tender.

sidenote - i think it may be impossible to keep desean after what vicent jackson and garcon signed for.

2. y2kbug

y2kbug Take the Gunga!

I would disagree i think they were trying to give Desean a deal similar to Stevie Johnson from the bills i think it was 5 years 36.25 mils, because as much as i love Desean he is no Vincent Jackson..... same last name different player types

3. smeags

smeags militant geek

what makes you think desean will settle for the money stevie johnson got and not push for more ? i used to think he wouldnt go for paydirt but i do wonder now because the eagles rarely ever allow a yong player that they want to keep go this far without re-signing him.

edit - looked up some stats.

desean

60games - 4096yrds - 230rec - 21td's

garcon

58games - 2519yrds - 188rec - 16td's

vj

91games - 4754yrds - 272rec - 37td's

he is better than garcon who just got paid ($20mil guaranteed)

if you take desean's game average and times it by the same amount of games (91) as vincent jackson he's better in every category other than td's.

now i know there's obvious difference between the players (size wise) but rosenhause isnt going to say the numbers dont lie all the way to the bank IMO.

i just don't know if a long term dealcan get done.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2012
  4. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

garcon got payed 20 million guaranteed by a team that has its head up its butt though

5. y2kbug

y2kbug Take the Gunga!

^Exactly
    I mean if we go by Washington standards we would be going over the cap all the time

6. smeags

smeags militant geek

unfortunately that has very little to do with anything when it comes to contract negociations.

7. y2kbug

y2kbug Take the Gunga!

Albert Haynsworth

....that's all i have to say

8. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Like it or not, the Redskins set the market, and its not even Deaseans market, its the middle tier market, which will only make it trickier to resign Deasan

9. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

desean 15 mil
    garcon 20 mil

10. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

Also reports that the Eagles are close on Lofton. I've seen/heard 2 COMPLETELY conflicting reports. Schefter says no but Gerald McCoy said he talked to Lofton and the Eagles were tops his list and in the works so who knows. Schefter also said the Skins were still in on Payton so.

11. Jihad Joe

I've been hearing all sorts if stuff on Lofton. Heard before he signed with TB

Who else are you guys talking too

Sent by HTC Vivid using Tapatalk

12. y2kbug

y2kbug Take the Gunga!

If they get Lofton then it allows them to have flexibility with their pick in the draft with a RG if Mathis leaves or on a DT to make the D-Line completely solid.

13. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

According to Wikipedia Lofton has signed with the Eagles. Radio station in Cincy picked up on it but who knows.

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curtis_Lofton"]Curtis Lofton - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

I love this crap. Haha!

14. Jihad Joe

Ya but I could change that to say he signed with Dallas. Or with Jules Jordan

Sent by HTC Vivid using Tapatalk

15. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

I wasn't trying to point that as fact but I thought it was funny. Someone has already made that assumption! I bet he signs here though! He's back to a Free Agent now. Someone jumped the gun!

Last edited: Mar 14, 2012
  16. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Jackson bOOm. Let's hope this hecker steps his game up.

17. TideRedskinslunatic

TideRedskinslunatic 2nd String

jackson got 5 years,50 milliom,according to nfl network.

18. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

It can be:

2 years, $15 mil...
    5 years, $51 mil...

Or somewhere in between... whatever the Eagles want.

19. Tim Tebow

Tim Tebow Best QB in NY

There's one thing I've always respected about Eagles fans.

That's their loyalty to their city, and their team.

20. smeags

smeags militant geek

up until the garcon and vincent jackson deals i thought this is the type of deal jackson would go after. good to see it get done but why not give this to him last year instead of wasting $4mil on steve smith ? bah whatever, the deal is done.

looked at the eagles cap page and it seems with some adjustments and the carry opver of cap from last year the eagles are right now $21,692,376 under the cap. that should be enough to get mccoy extended, sign lofton (there are talks going on) & sign the draft picks. plus i still see asante going bye bye which will free up more money.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2012