Bills Sign LB Mario Williams to 6-Year $100M, $50M Guaranteed Contract

Discussion in 'Buffalo Bills' started by Sweets, Mar 15, 2012.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

And to the Buffalo Bills goes Mario Williams. The star linebacker, considered the biggest prize of free agency on the defensive side of the ball, has agreed to terms on a contract with the Bills, a league source said Thursday. The Bills plan to announce the deal during a news conference scheduled for 1:30 p.m. ET. Williams' deal is for six years and is worth $96 million -- $50 million guaranteed -- with the potential to go up to $100 million, a league source told NFL Network's Albert Breer.

Source: NFLNetwork

Last edited: Mar 16, 2012
  2. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

LaCanfora said that there is talk about 16 mil per year / 50 mil guaranteed.

Good Lordy.

3. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

LOL

@AaronRodgers12: Congrats to Mario Williams signing in buffalo... far away from the NFC north, thanks big guy

4. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

lol aaron rodgers definitely did not want him on ANY of those lines in the NFC north. Mario/Allen/Williams, Mario/Peppers, Mario/Suh/Fairly/Avril/KVB

all sound like a freaking nightmare for a QB lol

5. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

DAMNNN

6. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

Don't know about the rest of the team but the bills got possibly the sickest line in the league.

7. K Train

bills breaking the bank open, who woulda thought? whats next mike brown paying someone not named carson palmer?

8. TideRedskinslunatic

TideRedskinslunatic 2nd String

50 millon is what he will make,could be up to 108 million.glad he stayed in the afc,but i still don't see how this moves the bills out of 3rd place in the afc east at best.

9. K Train

mario, dareus, kyle williams, and (insert first or second round DE draft pick here) is a great way to work on moving out of 3rd place

10. Dragonite

Didn't the Bills start ridiculously hot last year? I think they could be a playoff team if Fitzpatrick plays like he did at the beginning of last year.

11. TideRedskinslunatic

TideRedskinslunatic 2nd String

not gonna be as good as the jets or the pats will be.

12. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe Anti-Social Networker

At least he didn't stay in the division

13. Dragonite

The Jets? :Loco:

14. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

This sucks. All I have to say.

15. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

the jets are a mess right now

16. 86WARD

86WARD -

Good for the Bills!!

17. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

And if the Dolphins get Manning that's another snitch slap to the Bills. I still think it's a great financial deal but the Bills won't be playoff contenders for quite some time. At least he can still play in the Pro Bowl every year....

18. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

The former Texans pass rusher, the most coveted defensive player on the free agent market, signed a six-year deal in Buffalo worth up to $100 million with $50 million guaranteed -- the richest haul ever for an NFL defensive player -- per Williams' agent, Ben Dogra.

19. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

QFT

The Bills get potentially a great player here, at a great cost. They're improving, but need to keep on churning for a few years (until Tom Brady is no longer a huge obstacle) before getting over the hill in my opinion. Might be a pretty high payroll-to-win ratio until then though, and playoff spots will be tough to come by I think.

20. groenator

groenator Rookie

man so much money!