The Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by smeags, Aug 27, 2007.

1. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

[​IMG]

evan mathis and the rock lol

2. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

That crap is awesome.

I was just thinking... we need a backup QB. What do you think this out-of-work cat would say to a backup position?

[​IMG]

3. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

he wont do it he has an ego

4. y2kbug

y2kbug Take the Gunga!

:pointlaugh:

Maybe if the contract would be paid in Campbell Chunky soup....

5. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

6. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

If Ryans is the old him, HUGE upgrade. Like upgrading your Ford Focus to a Mustang. IF he can even regain more than half of what he was before.

As for 5. I'd welcome him as a back up any day of the week. But it'll never happen. Instead we'll use a never was. Not even a has been.

7. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

He was a one down LB by the middle of the season. The Texans scheme wasn't the right fit for him. Hopefully a 4-3 friendly system will get him back to thumping people left and right.

8. y2kbug

y2kbug Take the Gunga!

I did not see this coming at all but I'm happy to see they did address a big hole in our defense DeMeco Ryans is a great leader presence the D has been missing since B.Dawk and the guy is 2 years off his injury which is around the time it takes for a player to be 100% healed and the fact that the Texans only used him as a one down LB only in the 3-4 helps his recovery process and less wear on him so he should be fresh and ready to be a true MLB in a 4-3 where he thrives the most

9. smeags

smeags militant geek

i will kiss his freaking feet if this deal pans out. like steve said the 3-4 system was not for him and the texans realized they were sitting on a huge cap hit for a one down guy in a defense that was still #2.

:cope:

10. y2kbug

y2kbug Take the Gunga!

I'm just happy with this trade because it filled that whole that we had as a team and now i feel like we have the flexibility picking the best available player in the draft or even move back and stock up on picks. I think the eagles will go with DT any thoughts on what they might do or who they might take?

11. smeags

smeags militant geek

unless somebody can convince me differently i still want brockers from lsu.

12. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

I think you guys should either go Barron or Poe now in the first. Poe might not be there tho

13. Jihad Joe

Great prospect, but Poe IMO would fit better and he is on Brockers tier. 6'5 350 amazing power and sick agility for someone his size. Needs a little work, but is still ready to contribute day 1

Brockers is very much like Jenkins, so he may be redundent. Poe is a Haynesworth without the lazyness and attitude, and we all know what happened when Haynesworth was in the Wide 9

14. smeags

smeags militant geek

yeah i doubt poe is there at 15. i just have a gut feeling on brockers that he is going to be sick.

i saw one mock that suggested that if the browns dont take ryan tannehill at #4 and he makes it to #7 the eagles will move up. they certainly have the picks to do it but i think that's a big reach.

15. Jihad Joe

Brockers may not be there either. Both those guys are in that rang of guys that will go anywhere from 8 to 16. I would say Brockers is a safer bet considering Poe size and agility

That is a HUGE reach for Tannihill. 15 is a bit of a rach. Top 10, even 5 is just grasping for a 'chise QB

A little note on Tannihill. Some fans at the homer board suggested we draft Tannihill to groom behind Romo. An Aggies fan chimed in with " If you think Romo chokes in big games, wait till you see Tanihill".........Kinda ominous

16. smeags

smeags militant geek

haaaa. if the eagles can move up a spot or so to get poe i'd be all for it. again they have the picks to do it.

17. Jihad Joe

A guy to keep you eye on as well if you like Brockers is Fletcher Cox. Similar, probobly more game ready but without as much upside. Outstanding hustle

18. smeags

smeags militant geek

that was another guy i saw out there. one mock actually had the eagles taking him at 15. i wouldn't be too surprised if they still took kuechley if he's there. he could play weakside and move to the middle if ryans doesnt work out.

19. Jihad Joe

What about Decastro?

20. smeags

smeags militant geek

not a name i am familiar with. will have to do some research.