The Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by smeags, Aug 27, 2007.

1. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

2012 NFL Mock Draft: Browns don't get a QB, but they get a stud receiver in Justin Blackmon - NFL - Sporting News

I'd be damn stoked with Barron or Poe.

Coleman is basically a lock for one of the safety spots. Dude has been a tackling machine, the only guy on the defense last year that consistently wrapped up (save for one play against Victor Cruz). He has also shown the ability to go get some passes in the air.

I'm still not sold on Nate Allen. If they go with Barron, that tells me the coaching staff isn't either. I see Allen as an average safety, a guy who fills a starting spot and since he doesn't completely suck, makes the position not necessarily a need to address.

I'd love to be wrong about him, but he just doesn't make the plays I want to see from him.

2. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

I am really warming up to the Poe talk more and more...

3. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

I would kill myself.

Screw Tannehill. Give me Cousins in the 2nd any day. I'd take Cousins over Tannehill even if they were both there with our second pick.

4. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Unfortunately, the only linebackers I wanted in FA or the draft were all middle backers. We got what I think will be a good one.

I wouldn't want to draft Kuechly to play anything but Mike. I'm sure everyone will talk about his athleticism, but I think the reason he was so good in college was because he manned the middle. Don't know if he would be a standout anywhere else but the middle, and for a top 15 pick I don't like that risk.
    I'd be happy with that as well, but with Mathis resigning and looking like a great fit for Mudd and the investment in Watkins last year, would prefer to go elsewhere with the 1st pick.

5. smeags

smeags militant geek

nate allen was killing it before he got hurt. he didnt start rcovering well from the injury until late last season. this is his make or break season. jarret is the much bigger question and they need a safety that can flatten people.

6. smeags

smeags militant geek

i keep hearing more & more that reid has bascially been shut out of any personnel decisions and is not happy about it.

fwiw - theres a report out that he is threatening to leave after this season even if the team offers an extension unless he gets control again.

7. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Well whoever has been making the decisions this offseason has gone a totally different direction than the team has in the past. VERY rarely would we ink extensions for guys turning 30 (Cole and Herremans), but they are smart moves. Guys who have been with the team their whole career, have stayed productive, and deserve paydays.

I also would have somewhat expected the 'old regime' to let a guy like Mathis go as opposed to giving him $5 mil a year. Figured they would just draft his replacement in the top two rounds.

Something is off here. Whether he has MORE power like the bullcrap reports have been saying today, or has been stripped of more like you are hearing, I'm interested to know the truth.

8. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

You and about 10 other teams, all who pick before us.

9. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Gimme the big fella.

10. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

I don't know if Poe or Brockers are available at 15 though. If we move up potentially but I don't see Brockers getting past 9(Carolina) and Poe might end up being gone before then. I still wouldn't complain to see Donta Hightower drafted. Either way there are LOTS of directions that we can head in this draft. I'm still interested to see if we end up keeping Asante. At this point, I'm thinking the answer might be yes or they might wait until OTA's to see how Aso is adjusting to zone. We'll see!

11. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Gets compared to Ngata a lot, but I think he is more a Haynesworth type. A huge, agile player that powers through gaps

Sent by HTC Vivid using Tapatalk

12. smeags

smeags militant geek

true - there has been a very noticable difference in the philosophy. is that reid waking up at the 11th hour or has there been a change in the guard. either i am all for it. ultimately this has to pan out on the field but so far so good.

13. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

I repeat: I will kill myself if these hecks trade up for Ryan Tannehill.

14. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

Who's On big sexy suicide watch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. smeags

smeags militant geek

16. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

:icon_jook:

My woody has grown another inch over Poe. Really liking him.

I'm actually hoping, if Poe/Brockers/Barron/Hightower aren't available or they decide to not go that route, that they trade the pick to a crapty team that projects in the top 5 next year to gain their 2013 first rounder.

[​IMG]

17. smeags

smeags militant geek

18. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Arguably the worst injury we could take aside from Vick and Shady.

19. smeags

smeags militant geek

well we know what the 1st pick will be now. :banghead:

20. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

Trade up to get Khalil. I don't care. MAKE IT HAPPEN NOW!!!!