The Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by smeags, Aug 27, 2007.

1. smeags

smeags militant geek

dammit - just the other day i saw the daily news live listing the OLinemen and praising the eagles for having a real good group that will be together for quite a while.

i thought, please do not be jinxing this. :banghead:

2. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Agreed. I think if we're going to do it, do it right. Give up our 1st, one of our 2nd, and a 4th. Don't half butt it and get Reiff.

If we don't get Khalil, stay pat with the plan and pick up some other athletic lineman in the middle rounds that fit Mudd's mold.

3. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

I think King could slide over and do a decent job. Asante Samuel just jumped in the drivers seat in regards to being traded b/c whatever we get for him will be going out of town to trade up but we'd need to trade up to what, top 5 if that?

4. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

I am not his greatest fan, but I like Dunlap. I think he could do a solid job filling in.

Really don't know if bringing anyone else in would do a better job, at least in 2012.

5. smeags

smeags militant geek

dunlap is ok but the position must be addressed in the draft because i am not certain peters can come back from this and if he does what kind of player he'd be.

6. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Happened to Flozel Adams in 2005. 2006 he struggled, but in 2007 he was one of the top LT's in the NFL. Plus he was well into his 30's then, so Peters should be ok

7. smeags

smeags militant geek

that's speculation at best.

8. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

TheDuke and I were talking about this in the other thread...

I got no fackin' idea how or really where we need to go with this draft in the first two rounds. I'm not sure what is even our biggest need at this point. Not because we have all-pros at every position, but because we have what I consider to be at least average a player at every position.

QB - Vick's job, wait till next year to get Barkley. :icon_cheesygrin:
    HB - Shady and Lewis are set.
    FB - won't waste the pick this early
    WR - Jackson, Maclin, Avant are set in stone. Could be a target area. Floyd would be filthy at #15
    TE - Celek is the man, Harbor is a decent #2. Could be a target, but not in round 1.
    OT - Set, but still a possibility with Reid. Peters, Herremans, Dunlap, and Bell, but might pick for the future.
    OG - Mathis and Watkins are set, but could use some better depth. Would really love the DeCastro pick. I think DeCastro battling Watkins would be sick.
    C - Kelce is the man. No damn idea who our backup is.
    DE - Overflowing with talent here already. Still a possibility with Big Red.
    DT - Could use a young stud. Jenkins, Patterson, Dixon and Landri make this not an early priority.
    MLB - Ryans solidifies this spot. Decent depth here. I'd be happy with Hightower in 1st or Burfict in 2nd.
    OLB - Chaney and Rolle make a promising OLB duo. Decent depth here. Upshaw would be nice.
    CB - gotta assume Asante is done. He's being too damn noisy right now. That makes corner a need as we are down to Asomugha, DRC, and Hanson. Unless Marsh starts to figure his crap out.
    FS - Nate Allen is going to get another year. Jarrett there in case something happens.
    SS - Coleman is locked in. Jarrett there in case he suddenly sucks too. Legit backup for Coleman could be looked at. Have loved Barron for a long time.

So that leads me to think we are looking at OG, DT, WR, DT, LB, or S...

9. smeags

smeags militant geek

i'm actually thinking the eagles are going to at least try to move up. this is a perfect draft to do so. especially if asante is dealt.

10. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Heard a little whisper of the Eagles looking at LaMichael James. Love this dude.

Now THAT crap I would be on board for. Even in the 2nd round.

11. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Either Trevor Laws got traded to STL, or he got cut and signed there immediately.

12. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Oh he was a FA. Ha. No big loss anyways.

13. Jihad Joe

Have you guys shown any interest in Barron? He is the absolute last guy that will be available that I want to see an Eagle

Looking at the field at 15, he seems the best value and fit

Sent by HTC Vivid using Tapatalk

14. Jihad Joe

A lot of people don't think Upshaw is athletic enough to be an OLB in even a 3-4 in the NFL. Don't know if I buy that, but in a 4-3 he def would have to be a DE

15. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Haven't watched enough to tape to agree or disagree so I will agree with your assessment. That would be my least favorite of the picks I mentioned. Much rather have Floyd, DeCastro, Brockers, Poe, Cox, or Barron.

And yes, I really dig Barron. Last thing I want to see is him in a Cowboys uniform. Only problem is he would be competing with two penciled-in starters. I wouldn't want him to beat out Coleman and I don't think the coaching staff wants Allen out of the starting lineup.

16. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

And I haven't heard of any interest. But could mean we love him. Who knows.

17. Jihad Joe

Barron would send Coleman straight to the bench. Dude will be a top 5 SS his rookie year

18. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Coleman doesn't get the respect he deserves. Guy was THE LONE consistent player in the secondary, save for one play to Victor Cruz that got him benched.

I mean hell... I'm all for drafting him and letting Allen, Coleman, Jarrett, and Barron duke it out in TC. May the best two start.

19. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

Allen NEEDS to be starting. Last year was his first year back after an injury which is always touchy, especially for a young guy. Before he got hurt he showed flashes of being a great guy. Wouldn't mind Barron over Colemen but that's partially b/c I REALLY don't like Ohio State. :) I still want Lamichael James to be picked up somewhere as I think he'd be an AWESOME compliment to Shady and could easily slide in as a return guy as well. Dude is a stud. But I'm still a bit shaky on who we'll actually draft. I honestly think that we're a solid team. If everyone stays healthy and plays well, there's no reason we shouldn't walk to the NFC East title at LEAST and a berth in the NFC Championship Game.

20. smeags

smeags militant geek

if you can upgrade from coleman to barron it's a no brainer. i am still wondering what the hell this team may do. as long as they do not draft tannenhill in the first i think they will draft the best player period unless of course they move up.

i still say DT though.