Eagles, Chiefs To Work Out QB Ryan Tannehill

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Discussion' started by Sweets, Apr 2, 2012.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

The Philadelphia Eagles and Kansas City Chiefs will work out Texas A&M quarterback Ryan Tannehill this week, Peter King of Sports Illustrated reports. All private workouts of draft-eligible players must take place on their college campuses. Philadelphia's contingent will be in College Station, Texas to work Tannehill out today, while the Chiefs will be in town later this week. "I don't really know why," Tannehill told King of the Eagles' interest on Saturday night. "I'll just get ready to throw for them and do my best." Despite signing Michael Vick to a six-year, $100 million contract last year, the Eagles were reportedly ready to jump into the Peyton Manning derby last month. The Chiefs were also very interested in Manning, but were eliminated from contention very early in the process.

Source: Mac's Football Blog

2. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

can someone please explain to me the hype around this guy? watching this guy last year, he looked like an average Div 1 college QB ............. he seems like a huge project to me ....... someone that would normally go in the mid to late rounds ...............

3. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

There' Luck and Griffin and then there's everybody else. Tannehill came onto the scene when Kiper listed him #3. Maybe he'll surprise a lot of people, but franchise QB? Not in a million.

4. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

so, teams are just grasping at straws trying to find another qb to draft in the 1st round ............ which is understandable because, without a qb, it's difficult to win in this league............. i just don't understand tannehill ............ it seems like there are better qb's out there. tannehill has so much to work on (basically everything), i would think there are qb's that are closer to being ready.

5. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

If Tannehill sits a year, he can be a very good WCO QB. He did well at times despite starting out his career as a WR. I think with more reps he can be a good player, maybe not a Manning or Brady, but a good QB that can wins some games but won't lose games.

6. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

I'd much rather have Cousins than burn a high pick on Tannehill.. He's being unbelievably overvalued.

7. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

:agreed:

I can't freaking believe all of the talk around this guy. I'm hoping it really is just hype and his butt drops like a stone come draft day.

Actually, I don't hope that. I hope someone takes him early so long as it isn't my team. It would mean there is just one more quality player still on the board when my team has their pick.

8. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

Screw.My.Life. It's like Kevin Kolb all over again. The Eagles trade out of the first round and then draft Tannehill with their "first" pick. Screw!!! If you need me I'll be in the corner shaking!!

9. 86WARD

86WARD -

Exactly.

10. Three7s

Three7s 1st Stringer

Most Chiefs fans are wanting him, but that's because they'd take anyone over Cassel.

11. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

Thats because just about anyone is better than Cassel. :icon_cheesygrin:

12. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Or take him at 15

Sent by HTC Vivid using Tapatalk

13. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Fuuuuuuck noooooooo.

14. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

This guy just screams of that guy from Arkansas 5-6 years back... what the heck was his name? Matt Jones?

15. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Different though. Jones was NEVER gonna be a QB. Tannihill has had a 1st round grade pretty much all draft season

Sent by HTC Vivid using Tapatalk

16. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

I read a story on his pro day in the Dallas Morning News. On his pro day, he had 3 incompletions. On one pass, he messed it up. The other 2 were drops.

17. smeags

smeags militant geek

he will be a good system qb - mainly the wco.

1st round pick ? no.

18. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

I'd bet $1,000 he flames out of the league within 4 years.

1st round grade or not...

19. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

I don't know why anyone's surprised by this. It happens literally every year, an average-ish on-field qb shoots up draft boards after the season is over based on measurables, "expert" hype, and teams desperation to find a quarterback.

20. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top