GIF Collaborative Draft Pick Reaction/Comments Thread

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Discussion' started by adammwilson, Apr 3, 2012.

1. post all comments, reactions, etc in here please. :icon_cheesygrin:

2. Starkiller501

Starkiller501 Starter

Before you all get pissed, I picked RG3 for the Colts, because I feel they need something they haven't had in a while, a mobile QB. A lot of the better teams, nowadays, have mobile QBs.

3. cpgobrowns

cpgobrowns < Deer/Headlights

^Lolz.
    I'm hoping the Browns are actually picking at 6 or 8. It may be early to take a RB, but I think the difference between him and the next RB is MUCH greater than the difference between Blackmon and the next 3-4 WR's. Offense is too big a need to take Claiborne IMO and I refuse to take the 3rd (maybe) best quarterback with the 4th overall pick.

4. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Starkiller already freaking up this game.

5. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

I don't think he can help it.

I have one procedural note: I think, instead of having the draft jump a team by skipping their pick, the person doing the picking should be skipped instead, such that after the pick window that team's choice can be made by any member. At least that's how it was last year, and it worked well and would seem to be better than changing the draft order itself, in my opinion. Something to consider.

6. Starkiller501

Starkiller501 Starter

How am I freaking up the game? I really like RG3 more for the Colts. Gives them something they've never really had. A dual-threat QB. I would have rather seen the Colts trade for Tebow, but it can't be helped.

If I was gonna try to heck up the game, I'd have drafted a kicker, Weeden, or Jannoris jenkins

Last edited: Apr 3, 2012
  7. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

You killed it because you never take a prospect like griffin over luck. Ever. And luck is a duel threat QB in his own right.

8. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

Yeah at least it only really matters for two picks this year though. Patrick Peterson to the Panthers last year hecked the whole thing.

9. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

I guarantee you some teams in the league would think otherwise if they had the number one pick.

10. Starkiller501

Starkiller501 Starter

Only picked Peterson last year, because
    #1. It filled a need
    #2. really didn't think they'd pick Newton
    #3Panthers have had real bad luck with Heisman Trophy winning QBs

11. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

I wasn't asking you to defend a decision from a year ago. I more or less stood up for you there..it doesn't matter which goes where this year as long as they slot 1-2.

12. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

IMO the short leash is there for a reason, and that was the reason.

13. that does sound good.

14. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

RGIII over Luck...What the actual heck? Lucky we do have two elite QB's because otherwise we'd be dealing with a situation like last year again...

Last edited: Apr 4, 2012
  15. nachmany5

nachmany5 Franchise Quarterback

After the Vikings took Kalil, my pick became pretty clear.

16. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

haha. so starkiller should change his name to mockkiller.

i'll have to go look at this mock draft and come back to mock everyone.

17. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

yep, andy and PSID have had the 2 biggest no-brainer picks thus far due to the decisions made before them ..........

18. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

Picked Floyd for the Jags. They need another end just as badly as a WR, but Gene Smith has to give Gabbert a chance. You just don't pick a QB that early and give up on him so quickly after he's put at the helm of a bad team.

19. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

I went with Ingram over Tannehill, Matt Moore is competent enough to make the offense work, but the Dolphins need a pass rusher opposite of Wake.

20. odd pick starkiller. Explain it.