GIF Collaborative Draft Pick Reaction/Comments Thread

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Discussion' started by adammwilson, Apr 3, 2012.

1. theMind2.0

theMind2.0 Rookie

San Diego is a difficult team to pick for. At each level they have players that (on paper) look like they can compete, but most of them are underachievers.

I chose Michael Brockers because, IMO, he was BPA and he fits the Chargers mold of having versatile D-linemen. Right now he's more of a run stuffer, who should take some pressure off of the linebackers, but if he improves his pass rushing ability he could be Haloti Ngata good.

Again on paper, the Chargers don't need a corner, but Jammer hasn't lived up to his reputation the past few season, Gilchrist had a shaky rookie season, and Cason has yet to replicate his first two seasons in the league(even though he seemed to return to form the last part of the season).
    If two of those guys can get it together, drafting Boykin to play in the slot makes perfect sense.

2. Beerfish

Beerfish Rookie

Yeah San diego is weird, even more so last year. You look at their rankings and they were strong in all areas and yet they somehow missed the playoffs (special teams)

I am happy getting McLellin for the Jets but had Curry higher on my list and was disappointed that some other GM grabbed him a few picks earlier.

RB is not a massive need for the Pats as they drafted two last year in Vereen and Ridley but they did lose BJGE this year and I really like Doug Martin as a player.

3. CStevenson13

CStevenson13 1st Stringer

Went with Harrison Smith for the Lions, i thought he was good value and gives them an upgrade they sorely need in the secondary. Thought about o-line but didnt see the value in the 2nd for what i wanted.

4. CStevenson13

To comment on some recent picks, I think Silatolu is gonna be a stud, what a steal for JJ. The Jets would be ecstatic to get McClellin in the 2nd, they sorely need what he brings. Also like the Branch pick for Jacksonville. And how about mj doing the right thing at 8 and being rewarded with Tannehill in the 2nd.

5. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

Harrison Smith is a good pick as well. Guards have been going quick, which has been too bad for the Bengals because they have a need there. I was hoping to get Silatolu and had to reach maybe a little bit.

6. CStevenson13

Brooks was a good pick, he has the upside to live up to the selection

7. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Yea boi!

8. so far for the Titans I've gotten:

Peter Kolz (C, Wisky)- I needed a center to complete the O.line and Kolz is a great prospect.

Markelle Martin (S, OkST.)- Great safety who can play FS or SS. Should step in at SS now but may shift to FS after Griffin's 1 year is up.

9. CStevenson13

Martin is one of the most underrated prospects in this draft imo

10. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Outstanding selection (Brock Osweiler) by Denver. Big dividends in the future. In my opinion Osweiler will exceed NFL expectations and playing behind Manning in Denver for a couple of years will give him a little extra. Actually thought Miami might take him over Tannehill.

11. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Osweiler is a terrible fit for a WCO, that in its self kept me away.

12. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe Anti-Social Networker

I draft Mychal Kendrick today, then I find out we signed Bradie James.:dry:

13. theMind2.0

theMind2.0 Rookie

When I've played in the past, every real NFL transaction made after the first team is on the clock is ignored. So, your version of the Texans don't have Bradie James. Nice pick though.

On another note....this draft is moving slooooowww

14. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Tooooooooooooooooo slooooooooooooooooow

15. markaz

Tweaked

16. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

Like the Minnifield pick. And was very close to taking Lewis for the Bengals with my last pick.

17. we've gotten through the first two rounds. I'm decreasing the time to 2 hours per pick.

18. Starkiller501

Starkiller501 Starter

Woulda got Brown, but Giants took him, and Colts needed OL help more

19. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

good picks in round 2 once again.

i think the panthers got good value at #40 with mike adams. obviously, if tannehill falls all the way to #42, the phins would be ecstatic.

mclellin still being on the board at #47 is a steal. Reyes at #55 has a lot of value.

20. markaz

Curious as to how many teams will actually trade out their spot(s) to get more picks.