Official Pittsburgh Steelers Thread

Discussion in 'Pittsburgh Steelers' started by The Bitter Truth, Aug 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

I took a week off work when they lost the Super Bowl last season lmao. My friend is a big Broncos fan, and I was telling him that we lost alot of our cb depth between Lewis, Allen, and Brown earlier in the season. He made a good point that the Broncos only have more than 2 wide receivers on the field like 3% of the game so it may not hurt too bad in this game.

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

Makes me feel better if that happens.

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

Legursky to start at LG...

I read that Ben keeps limping past the TV reporters...specifically ESPN...lol.

4. Crowned

I only got to see highlights of the Browns game, is his ankle still in bad shape?

5. Crowned

Well nevermind, just seen Ben said his ankle suffered a setback Sunday against Cleveland. He will still play, but no touchdowns since the injury. Damn.

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

I think some of what he is saying is playing possum...

7. Crowned

I can't honestly say I'm shocked by that, if any of you were then you don't know twinky. (literally :rollinglaugh:).

william gay played a good game in coverage and run support, the touchdown he gave up not much else he could have done.R edman looked good, no bullcrap dancing around like mendy. Cotchery is just a young Hines Ward, but I don't think he will be back. They won't pay him enough to come back as the #4 WR.

8. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

So how do they fix that secondary? That performance was beyond brutal.

9. Crowned

They had the #1 pass defense, they just stacked 8 in the box to stop the run and got burned by the playaction with no safety over the top. Nothing to be fixed other than scheme I doubt they will boot Lebeau but everyone knows I'm all for it.

10. 86WARD

86WARD -

Keenan Lewis, Cortez Allen, Curtis Brown is a nice young core that could help that secondary out. Lewis already stepped up big this year. The defense played well all season on the back end...surprisingly well. I think there are quite a few other areas that need addressing now before the back end of the D.

In no particular order: kicker, QB Depth, OL...

11. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

1. Peter Konz, G/C Wisconsin
    Imo hes a better center prospect than Mike Pouncey was last year, and with the steelers drafting him he could play guard or center. I would try to work him in at center and put pouncey at left guard to make sweet sweet s*x on turf at the position. Pouncey would thrive as the most athletic guard in the league while konz held down the center spot like a rock.

other possiblities: Cordy Glenn, Dontari Poe, Donta Hightower, Mike Adams, Osemele, Alfonzo Dennard, Chase Minnifield, Vontaze Bufict, Quinton Coples

2. Brandon Washington, OG MiamiWashington is just a super athletic, mauling guard. Getting him and Konz in rounds 1 and 2 makes the interior line go from bad to terrific. Honestly an interior of Pouncey, Konz, and Washington would easily compete for the best interior line in the league and would probbaly out do carl nicks and jhari evans in new orleans. Marcus Gilbert and Willie colon would be able to dominate at tackles with these guys holding down the interior which has been such a weakness for years.

other possibilities: Taamu, Jesse Chapman, Stephen Gilmore, Mark Barron, Bruce Irvin, Kevin Zeitler, Keenan Robinson, Matt Reynolds, Mike Brewster

3. Jared Crick, DE Nebraska
    This provides us with a great lineup of depth and youth on the dline. You have keisel who is a master of the position and can also play OLB in the pinch, you have Hood who isnt that great at anything but can play NT in a pinch, and then you have Crick and Heyward who are both prototypical stack and shed DEs in our defense...it could just end up being a mean rotation on a once very old dline, injury could lead to crick falling this much, but really hes a late first or early second round talent.

4. Brandon Boykin, CS/FS/RS Georgia
    We need a new return man with Brown starting and Sanders not overly good at it, and really we need to keep drafting CBs to compete because while Lewis showed a ton of improvement and they like what brown and allen did as rookies we need someone to not only lock down the the NB spot but we need quality players that can grow into replacing gay and even ike in a few years. Boykin profiles as more of a NB but that is ok if lewis and brown were to lock down CB spots and cortez allen could possibly make a run at FS.

5. Jeff Demps, RB Florida
    He may go much higher than this but with his size who knows....hes small but has elite speed....that didnt help Trindon Holiday and Noel Devine though....he would compete with baron batch for the 3rd down spot

6. Blair Walsh, Kicker, Georgia

Pretty self explainatory, hes the top kicker this year imo and we need a new reliable kicker.

7. Renard Williams, DT Eastern Washington
    Just a big bodied DT to compete with Al woods, Steve mccledon, and probably Anthony Gray if they bring him back with Chris Hoke retiring and Hampton on his last leg.

12. 86WARD

86WARD -

Arians retired today. What direction do the Steelers go for OC?

13. 86WARD

86WARD -

Not sure how accurate this list is:

Player: Action — Savings

QB Ben Roethlisberger: Restructure — $8.15 million

LB LaMarr Woodley: Restructure — $6.56 million

LB Lawrence Timmons: Restructure — $5.14 million

WR Hines Ward: Release — $3.37 million

CB Ike Taylor: Restructure — $3.28 million

OL Willie Colon: Restructure — $2.85 million

LB James Farrior: Release — $2.8 million

CB Bryant McFadden: Release — $2.5 million

OL Chris Kemoeatu: Release — $2.39 million

DL Aaron Smith: Release — $2.11 million

WR Arnaz Battle: Release — $1.04 million

Total savings: $40.19 million

14. Crowned

Schedules come out today,ready to see if we will be playing Denver in the sunday night opener or not.

15. Crowned

Alot of people have been mocking us taking Cordy Glenn the closer and closer we get to the draft. Thoughts?

16. Crowned

17. Crowned

Extra week of off-season for Ryan Clark I guess.

18. 86WARD

86WARD -

Most likely...

19. Crowned

We got a freaking week 4 bye, freaking stupid as heck.

20. Crowned

2012 Steelers Schedule:

@Denver (SNF)
    Jets
    @Raiders
    Bye
    Eagles
    @Titans (TNF)
    @Bengals (SNF)
    Redskins
    @Giants