Adammwilson's Mock

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Discussion' started by adammwilson, Apr 24, 2012.

1. Mock draft 4/20/2012

Round 1
    1. Indianapolis (2-14): Andrew Luck (Stanford)- turn the page on the Manning era.

2. Washington (5-11): RG3 (Baylor)- The Skins have been desperate for a QB for a long time now. RG3 is a good one. They're going to be fully willing to do whatever necessary.

3. Minnesota (3-13) : Matt Kalil (USC)- They are in desperate need for a legit LT. They took their QB last year with Ponder now they can protect him with a better option than Charlie Johnson.

4. Cleveland (4-12): Trent Richardson (Bama)- Peyton Hillis is on the way out and the Browns need to add as many playmakers as possible.

5. Tampa Bay (4-12): Morris Claiborne (LSU)- Talib is out. Claiborne is in for his former DB's coach.

6. St. Louis (2-14): Justin Blackmon (Oklahoma St.)- The Rams need a playmaker on offense. Blackmon is a good WR and the Rams haven't had a good WR in awhile. They are apparently high on Blackmon, some have even suggested they may move up for him.

7. Jacksonville (5-11): Stephon Gilmore (South Carolina)- Gilmore's stock is jumping up right now. Jacksonville need secondary help in the worse way.

8. Miami (6-10): Ryan Tannehill (Texas a&m)- This is what happens when you lose out multiple times on a QB. You have to overdraft Tannehill. Tannehill has some good traits but this is way too early for a guy with 2nd round talent. The Dolphins don't really have a choice however.

9. Carolina (6-10): Fletcher Cox (Miss St.)- Cox gives Carolina a great DT to push the pocket. He can also help close up the run, a big need in Carolina.

10. Buffalo (6-10): Michael Floyd (Notre Dame)- A player with great measurables, Floyd would give the Bills a nice target.

11. Kansas City (7-9): Luke Kuechly (Boston College)- I would expect them to trade down but Kuechly is a great pick. KC lacks a great ILB and perhaps Pioli will want his own Bruschi.

12. Seattle (7-9): Nick Perry (USC)- Carrol is very familiar with Perry and needs a pass rusher.

13. Arizona (8-8): Riley Reiff (Iowa)- Reiff would give the Cards a O.lineman they can work with.

14. Dallas (8-8): S Mark Barron (Bama)- Barron gives the Cowboys a great player in the secondary and Dallas has done a nice job fixing the secondary up.

15. Philadelphia (8-8): DT Dontari Poe (Memphis)- Poe doesn't have to start immediately here and he can develop with help from the best D.line coach in the NFL.

16. New York Jets (8-8): Melvin Ingram (South Carolina)- An athletic pass rusher that Rex would love to have. This is amazing value.

17. Cincinnati - from Oakland (8-8): DE Quinton Coples (UNC)- Bengals make a great value here for a player with some issue but has great versatility.

18. San Diego (8-8): David Decastro (Stanford)- Easy pick here. Decastro is so very talented and is an elite interior prospect.

19. Chicago (8-8): Whitney Mercilus (Illinois)- Mercilus is a nice pass rusher. Opinions on him seem very very split. There is a need for a pass rusher opposite Peppers.

20. Tennessee (9-7): C Peter Konz (Wisconsin)- Konz is apparently very smart and would be great for a team that has struggled with the interior of its o.line since they release Kevin Mawae.

21. Cincinnati* (9-7): CB Dre Kirkpatrick (Bama)- Best player available here. He could play safety where there is a need or play CB where they need young talent.

22. Cleveland - from Atlanta* (10-6): Kendall Wright (Baylor) Wright is a speedy WR and that's one thing Cleveland's WR's have really lacked.

23. Detroit* (10-6): Jonathan Martin (Stanford)- Martin is a LT only and that hurts him quite a bit. Luckily for him, his slide stops here. Detroit needs a franchise LT to keep Stafford healthy.

24. Pittsburgh* (12-4): Cordy Glenn (UGA)- Glenn would be a great pick for Pittsburgh. He can play a variety of positions and Pitt need an infusion of youth on that O.line.

25. Denver* (8-8): Michael Brockers (LSU)- It's amazing Brockers could slip to here. He is a great prospect but there are other needs than a DT that many think isn't an effective pass rusher.

26. Houston* (10-6): Reuben Randle (LSU)- They need a great WR and Randle is very underrated. He would match well with Johnson.

27. New England - from New Orleans* (13-3): Shea Mcclellin (Boise St.)- Mcclellin is a nice pass rusher.

28. Green Bay* (15-1): Courtney Upshaw (Bama)- Upshaw would be the bookend to Matthews. I can't believe he is slipping. The guy is a great player who wins with effort and strength.

29. Baltimore* (12-4): Don'ta Hightower (Bama)- Hightower would give the Ravens another LB that would be great in their scheme to play next to Ray Lewis.

30. San Francisco* (13-3): Stephen Hill (GT)- Hill would give the 49ers the perfect WR to pair with Crabtree. They can let Moss and Manningham compete for the 3rd job.

31. New England* (13-3): Chandler Jones (Syracuse)- Jones is flying up draft boards. Comes from a very athletic family.

32. New York Giants* (9-7): Jerel Worthy (Michigan St.)- Worthy is a nice prospect but must improve his consistency. The Giants are one of the best teams in the league at developing D.linemen.

2. buffalobillsfan1

buffalobillsfan1 2nd String

I like the Floyd pick. I have the Bills taking him or Kuechly. A little high for Rueben Randle in my opinion otherwise a great mock draft.

3. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Prediction. Dallas trades down, takes Poe at 18 and trades up into the first to take Silatulo 31st

4. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

all but guarantees nothing like this happens

philly would take poe, and i think the niners crave silatolu

5. Jihad Joe

You do know I hit 3 of our last 4 first rounders right? They have said Poe is there target, wioth Barron the contingensy, and Jones is known for telegraphing his first rounders. He pretty much took out an entire library on Tyron Smith game footage and called a press conferense to tell people he would do it. And I swear I heard "lol" come out of his mouth when he said he liked JJ Watt too

Bill Callahan gave Silatulo a private workout after his pro day. Seems he likey

We also very few players project to go rounds 3-6. I dont think they are planning on picking much in the middle of the draft. They are trading up somewhere for some, and my guess is getting back into the first to take Silatulo.

6. Jihad Joe

I thought so too before until I saw the gametape. Now there is no way he'll be be able to play that system as a rookie. He may be the worst football player in the NFL if he has to play in the Wide 9 as a rookie. He has NO technique right now, and its going to be a couple years even with great coaching before he can harness that sexual first step. Until then he is essentially an anchor, and practically worthless to them

7. K Train

everyone knew tyron was the pick. i was just kinda mocking you for the game you played on scoring points last year for getting picks right. I know you know your stuff lol

you cant even watch memphis tape and get a good feel for him. On the steelers hes a stud anchor on say one but hes also a NT that will be at his best on third down as hes ravaging the opposing oline. I think with some talent around him his no technique problem will be eliminated quickly.

i pray poe is a steeler, so heck you stay away from him

8. see but my issue with Poe is he isn't the anchor he should be.
    No technique+ lack of ability to anchor= no good

fwiw, Dallas media is reporting these players are who Jones will consider:

OG David Decastro (Stanford)

DT Fletcher Cox (Miss St.)

SS Mark Barron (Bama)

DT Michael Brockers (LSU)

9. K Train

poe wasnt used as an anchor at memphis, ever

10. not the point Ktrain. He hasn't shown an ability to anchor. I've seen him constantly get driven back vs much less talented players. His best spot is a 4-3 DT.

11. K Train

i think his best spot is 34DE, but he will ultimately start out being used as a NT in either scheme

12. Jihad Joe

Won't be Decastro. You can mark that down. Personally I'm sticking with Poe then Barron and the direction in guessing Those guys just seem like guessing

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

13. doesn't use his hands well enough to be a 3-4 DE imho.

NT- doesn't hold up well enough at poa. JMHO

14. Jihad Joe

Most Poe worst tape was when Memphis was practically asking him to be Aaron Smith. Its actually kinda funny to watch sometime. But the reason his tape looks like crap is that Memphis clearly used him wrong. When he was asked to occupy multiple blockers and hold the LOS, he was practicaly unmoveable. However he was asked to do one gap probobly 80% of his play

15. agree to disagree on Poe. I think he is a good prospect not a great one. His issues can be fixed.

16. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

god, the internet is on fire right now with the stories about the vikes NOT taking Kalil ............. it's the most talked about topic leading up to the draft. the vikes are working their asses off to try and trade that pick and all of these people are buying their bullcrap.............

it seems like the most likely higher 1st rd draft picks to get traded tonight are vikes at #3 and the jaguars at #7

17. K Train

eh, denver was locked in on dareus last year too. It would be claiborne or kalil. Id personally pick kalil but claiborne could potentially mind heck the whole draft lol

18. Jihad Joe

Poe to Dallas could be dying. Word from the Cowboys Warroom is that its Barron, Decastro, Brockers, Glenn, Gilmore and Kirkpatrick in the mix at 14, and if a few if them are on the board they will trade down.

A lot of Brockers noise coming making the rounds. Don't know how I would feel about that

19. Jihad Joe

Now that I can agree on. From what I've heard he is coachable, so that could help

20. Jihad Joe

I don't think Frazier values the LT position that much. I think if they can leave the first with Claiborne and a couple day 2 picks, then its not a bad day. Not what I would do. I take Kalil and run