Official Pittsburgh Steelers Thread

Discussion in 'Pittsburgh Steelers' started by The Bitter Truth, Aug 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 86WARD

86WARD -

Not a fan at all of the early BYE.

2. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

[MENTION=1390]K Train[/MENTION]

3. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

i love cordy glenn, he is my top guy still and has been for a while.

I have seen him slipping in mocks, bengals were a popular pick for a while.

I think he would be incredible next to pouncey. hes a 340+ pound mauler with good feet. He could be shawn andrews or leonard davis as a guard, but he has the feet and carries his weight good enough to be a LT or RT too in the mold of jason peters.

Im all over the place with out first round pick, or first 3 picks for that matter. I got all three right last season (switching brown and gilbert rounds) but right now im looking at these guys in their repsective rounds listed in order of my want/value/need ratio

Round 1)

Cordy Glenn G georgia
    Dontari Poe DT Memphis
    Mike Adams OT OSU
    Luke Kuechly MLB BC
    Donta Hightower MLB bama
    Michael Floyd WR Notre Dame
    Mark Baron SS bama
    Stephen Hill WR Georgia Tech

Round 2)

Kenechi Osemele OG iowa st
    Bobby Massie OT Ole Miss
    Kevin Zeitler G Wisconsin
    Josh Chapman NT bama
    Brandon Brooks G Miami OH
    Alemeda Taamu NT Washington
    Mychal Kendricks MLB Cal
    Brandon Boykin CB Georgia
    Amini Silatolu G Midwestern State
    Chase Minifield CB Virginia

round 3)

Brandon Washington G miami
    Isaiah Pead RB Cincy
    Alfonzo Dennard CB Nebraska
    Lamichael James RB Oregon
    Chris Polk RB Washington
    Mitchell Schwartz OG Cal

something like that:

Players that send me into a fit of rage if drafted in the first round: Jerell Worthy, Jonathan Martin

[MENTION=802]Crowned[/MENTION]

4. K Train

I honestly have a bad feeling about this first pick

1) Kevin Zeitler G Wisconsin

Well i should be hammered by pick 24, and thats probably a good thing because i do not like this pick at all, it doesnt make me permanently hate zeitler, a fate suffered by much of the 09 draft class but it will make me sad. I do not think theres value here for a guard of zeitlers caliber. I actually think this is taking him a full round too early, but that being said going into the 2012 season with doug legursky as the starting LG again just makes my stomach churn. I think zeitler will be a fine player, but im not sold on him being anything more than a middle of the pack guard (unfortunately middle of the pack is a huge upgrade for us)

Dream Pick: David Decastro
    Possible better picks: Cordy Glenn, Dontari Poe
    Picks i wouldnt mind: Donta Hightower, Mark Barron, stephen hill, Coby Fleener, Nick Perry, Bobby Massie
    Picks i hate: Jonathan Marin, Jerel Worthy

2) Mike Adams OT Ohio State

Heres something that would excite me. OMG HE FAILED A DRUG TEST?!?! I dont care, and in the second round i dont think the steelers will either. Weed simply is not a deal breaker in the NFL anymore. Had the league took the hard stance on marijuana the league would have had to shut down. Adams is a smart kid, like actually intelligent. It wasnt the best choice for him to smoke prior to the combine but the steelers have had several meetings at the combine, OSU pro day, and personal visit/workout. Im can imagine theyd be too deterred from the report of a failed test...if they like him, they probably still do. He has elite size and he had a pretty great season. Could play on the left or the right side, but definitely looks the part of a LT. He had some great senior bowl practices and looked good in the drills at the combine (not the best triangle numbers, but 6-8 guys arent bench pressers). Santonio Holmes (i still miss him) was a rod and a bad team mate, but the steelers definitely got a return on investment with him in that they got the best out of him before they moved him. Adams could very well fall to the bottom of the second, but i think it would be difficult for the steelers to pass on such a intriguing specimen here.

He may not fall this far, but im predicting a bit of a slide.

Other possible picks: Amini Silatolu, Mychal Kendricks, Brandon Brooks, Alemeda Taamu, Mohamed Sanu, Ashlon Jeffrey

3) Isaiah Pead RB Cincy

If pead is here i fully expect him to the pick. I really do like Pead and i like that hes not getting too much attention because he is probably capable of coming in and being a day one contributor. The steelers situation at RB is abysmal....i like dwyer but who knows with him, and then we have clay and redman who are about as fast as guards, and we have batch who is a 3rd down back whos never had a real action NFL carry. Pead spells the end of mendenhall, hes not as good but hes has some great tools to work with and his decisive running style and his vision reminds me of lesean mccoy.

Other possiblities: Brandon Washington, Bobby Wagner, Brandon Boykin, Mitchell Schwartz, Greg Childs, Jared Crick

4) Josh Chapman NT Alabama

Solid, tough player that did all the dirty work for that elite alabama defense. Played all year on a bum knee and has some teams concerned medically, but in round 4 hes worth this pick. Hes very stout, very disciplined, and wins battles in the trenches. Hes powerful and isnt really only a two down player imo, he has some pocket collapsing ability. Would be a tremendous replacement for hampton

other picks: Hebron Fangupu, TY Hilton, Joe Adams

5) Chase Minnifield

Excellent zone corner prospect, could also get some action at FS. Had microfracture surgery but imo was better than chris cook and ras-i dowling. Very natural cover skills, return ability, and top notch ball skills. Makes big plays both as a CB and as a return man. Falls a bit because of a somewhat deep corner class and his injury concerns, but we dont need an immediate contributor at CB....realistically i like him as Keenan Lewis's replacement

6) Devier Posey WR Ohio State

Im actually surprised hes not a higher ranked WR, but thats what suspensions and inconsistency will do to you. WR is a need here, i think he could come in and be an insurance policy against losing wallace or having him not care or play. Worht a late round flyer, was a top recruit and showed some flashes at Ohio State during his limited time there

7) Vontaze Burfict

Breaks my heart to see this historically bad plummet down draft boards....steelers could definitely harness his talent though, hes on field crazy and needs work and needs to be in better shape but he showed TONS of potential two years ago, he had a down year....id like to think hes not willing to fall off the face of the football world, hes too talented to just let sit there. This is a strategy to get him away from the ravens...agree or not, they are going to be interested in bring in the guy who was supposed to be the next ray lewis to learn from ray lewis.

7) Chad Deihl

Hes a big disciplined blocking FB that doesn miss assignments and destroys the hole. Haley does like the FB, he went after leron Mcclain when he was in KC so maybe bringing in a true FB is more likely now than it has been over the last 5 years.

7) Greg Zuerlein K Missouri western state

Im mocking a kicker here every year until we find one. Bring him in to compete...its worth it

[MENTION=802]Crowned[/MENTION] [MENTION=1533]86WARD[/MENTION]

5. Crowned

I could live with that draft, give me Hightower, Poe, Glenn, or maybe even Upshaw in the 1st and that's a hell of a mock.

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

I wouldn't mind that draft clbutt. Although i put him in my mock, I tend to think that the Hightower pick isn't going to happen whether he is selected before or just not selected by the Steelers. He's been the "selection" in most of the mocks I've seen since the beginning...I actually look at these mocks hoping that its someone different just for variety...lol.

Poe - keep hearing horrible things...do you think his stock is still high?

Would love Fleener. Wouldn't mind that pick at all...definitely a luxury pick but if he's the top guy on their board, I wouldn't be turribly upset.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2012
  7. K Train

id love poe. the horrible things you hear are him becoming the most over analyzed player this year. he would dominate on this defense. He would make guards and centers across the AFC north fake injuries.

silatolu could be the pick too, id like fleener...just a mismatch nightmare.

Nick Perry>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Upshaw

8. K Train

Taze is removed from my ranking :-(

Watch out for Alabama LB Jerell Harris in the 6th or 7th round. Special teamer with some upside, especially if they miss on teammate Hightower. Reminds me of Josh Bynes from Auburn

9. Crowned

I'm getting a bad vibe that it's going to be Zeitler.

10. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

For what it's worth, today's mock draft in the DMN has Hightower.

11. Crowned

I'm perfectly fine with that.

12. K Train

hightower is a lazy pick for mock drafts at this point....almost too obvious for them to actually do now

13. 86WARD

86WARD -

That's pretty much what I have been saying. It's usually the case with the Steelers...

14. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

the DMN mock is worthless now that Goose isnt doing it

15. Crowned

Decastro at #24 amazing.

16. 86WARD

86WARD -

Tomlin said DeCastro is a right guard. "Everything we would ask him to do we saw him do at Stanford."

17. 86WARD

86WARD -

LOVE that pick...

Gilbert - Foster - Pouncey - DeCastro - Colon

That's a "real" O-Line...

18. Crowned

DeCastro was really a top 10 caliber guy in my eyes. Love it at #24.

19. Crowned

It's going to be good to have an elite pulling guard in Pittsburgh again.

20. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Truth.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.