Saints QB Drew Brees Reportedly 'Extremely Frustrated' With Lack Of Contract Talks

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints' started by SRW, May 16, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Saints quarterback Drew Brees expressed more public frustration on Wednesday night than he has throughout his contract standoff with the team this offseason. He told WWL radio that the "lack of communication" has been his biggest disappointment. "I would say more than anything, I guess, what's been a little frustrating on my end or disappointing is the lack of communication," said Brees, who remains unsigned but under the Saints' control because of the franchise tag. "There's always a back and forth when it comes to these negotiations. But I know we've reached out on quite a few occasions. And at times, I know I've been frustrated with the lack of response. ...I would just say there should be a sense of urgency and yet it seems like there's not." Based on information from league sources, it sounds like neither side has really reached out to narrow the gap in their contract demands for more than a month. Both sides have apparently been waiting for pressure to mount. And based on Brees' open frustration, that process has started.

Source: The Times-Picayune

2. P16

P16 posting while intoxicated

Couldn't agree more, Drew. Come on down to AZ, there'll be no lack of communication out here, I assure you.

3. buffalobillsfan1

buffalobillsfan1 2nd String

Brees is greedy. Im sure the Saints offered him a fat contact and he is trying to squeeze every dollar he can out of it.

4. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

Yeah, because we all know the guy as a greedy butthole.. C'mon..

5. buffalobillsfan1

You don't think the Saints already made him an offer to make him one of the highest paid QB's in the game?

He probably wants to be the highest paid QB in the NFL. Everybody wants to blame the organization. He is 33 years old and in my opinion the 4th best QB in the NFL. That is how he should get paid. Tom Brady reduced his contract willingly a couple years ago to open more cap space. As much as i hate him that is a team player.

Last edited: May 17, 2012
  6. mtzninersfan

mtzninersfan 1st Stringer

Once again, how can anyone here make the assumption that the Saints are greedy, or that Brees is the one being greedy. Who knows what they offered.

7. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

How do you know these things? Maybe it's possible the Saints think the franchise tag is the most they're willing to pay. Perhaps we should hear some actual numbers before crucifying anyone. And do you think the Saints are really a threat without Brees. It could go from bad to horrid for the Saints should they want to nickel and dime at this point.

8. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

dude....turn off ESPN !!!!!!!

no one knows what he's wanting or what the saints are offering

9. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Pay the man. Period. He's the reason anyone is even talking about the team.

10. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

On March 2, 2012 a proverbial 'unidentified source' reported to CBS Sports that Brees turned down an offer that would have made him the highest player in the entire NFL. You bet!! If one believes anything from unidentified sources as gospel then shame on you for rendering an opinion.
    P.S. My source is to remain anonymous.

How soon people forget what that man did for that entire city in the aftermath of Katrina. He's been relegated as a greedy baller.

Last edited: May 17, 2012
  11. 86WARD

86WARD -

I tend to side with the Saints on this issue. They are offering to make him the highest paid QB in the league...however, at this point and with the issues the Saints are having, just pay the freaking guy what he wants and try to straighten the organization out...they aren't in a good place right now and this could be a step back in that direction...

12. Rottstein

Rottstein Rookie

I'm pretty sure there are many reasons people are talking about the Saints that has nothing to do with Brees.

13. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

Pay the man, then when its needed, he will restructure.

14. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

No one who is a true Saints fan believes he is being greedy. He deserves to be paid. No one here in Louisiana can understand what the holdup is. Loomis always tries to get the best deal but I think in this case he should pay up. Not like Brees is asking for 30 mil a year. Maybe he is just making him wait for some hecked up reason.

15. buffalobillsfan1

Every QB in the NFL does great things for the community they play in. No matter who was the Saints QB during the Katrina aftermath was, they would have done the same thing as Brees.

16. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

Where are you getting this? Because its flat-out wrong, big time.

17. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

Do the saints remember the times of aaron brooks they werent pretty

18. Saintsfan1972

*raising my hand*

i do :icon_cry:

19. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

I don't know who you are. And from what I have read on several threads here no one knows much about you. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I did military service to make sure of our freedom. But this time you have made the most goobered statement. You can not equate any situation of a qb coming into a city and do good things with what Drew did. Honestly I would equate his actions to someone who went to a war torn city and single handely bring hope and actually improve the emotional well being of its inhabitants. It is easy to watch it on tv, feel bad and then change the channel and get on with your life. While I was not directly affected by Katrina our town basically doubled in size overnight. The look on the people's faces will never leave my mind. It is not like watching it on tv. This is real life. People had no hope. We love our football in the south. It is a religion here. Churches let out early to catch the games. We had to endure the agony of perhaps losing our team. We lost the city and over 1000 people. The only thing that helped get people through the toughest times afterwards was football. That may sound stupid to some people but unless you live it, Jim Mora said it best, you may think you know but you really don't know and you never will. Did football feed hungry people? Nope. Did it give shelter to homeless people? Somewhat yes but the game didn't. When you lose everything in life you have to have some hope, no matter what the heck it is, to carry on. Brees brought respectability back to the Saints. Man, we have suffered through decades of less than mediocrity and he came in and helped build houses and feed people and gave us hope and pride when we needed it most. I couldn't see another qb except for Manning or Brady that could pull it off. And I say that meaning their attitude. Before you make a comment like that again think about it and ask yourself "Does this post really reflect my IQ?'

20. Saintsfan1972

damn good post bro

[​IMG]