NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell Says Public Will See Proof Of Bounties

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints' started by Sweets, May 22, 2012.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell indicated Tuesday at the Spring League Meeting that the NFL plans to release proof to the public which proves bounties were paid by the New Orleans Saints players according to Gregg Rosenthal of NFL.com.. "Yes, I do," Goodell said when he was asked if he expected the public to see the proof. Eventually. Goodell said the league won't release any more information publicly until the appeals and grievance processes are finished. Goodell also said that the NFLPA "expressly told the players not to cooperate in the bounty investigation. "I invited them in and they decided not to do that," Goodell said. The appeals and grievance process will take more time. In the meantime, Goodell knows he will continue to be a target for criticism from players. "You don't worry about a popularity contest. You can't. You can't make everyone happy on this," Goodell said.

Source: The Redzone

Last edited: May 23, 2012
  2. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

here's the game the NFL is playing with the Saints.....go back and look at the statements they made when they suspended Payton, Williams, Vitt, and Loomis....they are tying to make the term "bounties" synonymous with pay per performance. two completely different things

at some point the NFL quietly redefined 'bounty' to include ANY extra payment to ANY player, for ANY reason

a distinction has got to be made between the two. godell keeps using bounty as a term meaning "pay per performance" and that's not what it is

3. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

Oh so this the public can see but not the patriots cheating tapes go heck yourself

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

The NFL TOTALLY redefined the term "bounty" to include "incentives" or pay per performance...

5. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

I thought pay for performance was called a "contract."

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket

6. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Huh? I don't see that at all.

The Saints are hecked because they were playing football with intent to injure a player to the point that the player will be out of the game. It wasn't a 'hey, get an interception or a sack and get $100'. It was 'knock this guy out of the game and get $100. There is proof. Your D coordinator admitted to it. There is audio to prove it. Look at the videos and you see specific violent hits that stood out as more malicious than you generally see. What happened.

There is a distinct difference between bounty and pay per performance. Goodell might be chasing after both, but I don't see him putting them on the same level.

7. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

lol. That was my first thought, too. But I differentiated what I believe he was referring to above (It wasn't a 'hey, get an interception or a sack and get $100'. It was 'knock this guy out of the game and get $100.).

8. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

Maybe I missed that part of the tape when Williams said injure this guy and you will get X amount of money. He was saying to hit specific people at certain areas. But the commish said more evidence will come out after all the other stuff is finished. T0 me, he will have to produce video or audio with names mentioned to make me believe. If he can produce that type of evidence then I will change my mind about the bullcrap he pulled.

9. mtzninersfan

mtzninersfan 1st Stringer

lol...beat me to it

10. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

[MENTION=572]Buck Fenson[/MENTION]

In the speech at the team’s hotel near the San Francisco Airport, Williams – according to documentary filmmaker Sean Pamphilon – at one point made a hand signal suggesting he would personally pay for a ferocious shot on 49ers quarterback Alex Smith.

“At one point Williams says, ‘We hit [expletive] Smith right there’ – then he points under his chin [and continues] – ‘remember me.’ Then he rubs his thumb against his index and middle fingers – the cash sign – and says, ‘I got the first one. I got the first one. Go get it. Go lay that [expletive] out.’

Source: Gregg Williams instructed Saints during speech to injure Niners offensive players - NFL - Yahoo! Sports

11. 86WARD

86WARD -

I'm becoming very annoyed with the arrogance that is becoming the NFL...

12. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

I don't know if this is just me but telling your player to hit another player in a certain area where he is weak...That seems pretty hecked up.

13. Saintsfan1972

what about targeting an injury then bragging about it?

Giants knew Kyle Williams had concussion problems and targeted his head

14. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

It all comes down to monies being paid for trying to injure or maim players...period! IMO all teams pry on weaknesses, it's the paying of $ that's just not cool.

15. Saintsfan1972

i agree....but until SOLID proof comes out i'm not eating what the NFL is trying to feed us