Former Steelers WR Hines Ward Joins NBC Sports

Discussion in 'Pittsburgh Steelers' started by Saintsfan1972, May 31, 2012.

1. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

NBC Sports announced that it has hired former Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Hines Ward to work on Football Night in America on Sundays. Ward retired from football shortly after the Steelers released him this year and said at the time he was not sure what he would do, but that pursuing a job in the media likely would be one of them. According to NBC release, the multi-year agreement with Ward will have him contribute to other shows as well as being a studio analyst for college football. He will appear regularly on NBC SportsTalk with Mike Florio and Sports Illustrated's Peter King, an NFL discussion show on NBC Sports Network. "We think Hines is a perfect match for television because he brings with him a unique combination of charisma and football experience, which he demonstrated on our Super Bowl pre-game show from Indianapolis," said Sam Flood, executive producer, NBC Sports and NBC Sports Network, in the news release."He's an opinionated personality who can draw upon his 14 years of experience, having excelled at the highest levels of the game. Just don't expect him to dance." "I am really excited. It's not everyday that you get the chance to work for a powerhouse like the NBC Sports Group," said Ward in the release. "It is a big honor for me and I am looking forward to making the most of this great opportunity."

Source: Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2012
  2. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

happy for him, he'll be good in that role. so glad they cut him though

3. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

nice, for once someone i cant stand but ill actually look forward to watching

4. reigningblkngold

reigningblkngold Minister of defense

Awesome gig for an awesome guy Im happy for him cant wait to hear him do his thing!

5. wish he was coming to UGA but I love this!

6. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

Dont like him, but he could make a pretty good broadcaster. I absolutely hate putting former players into that group because of their knowledge from "inside the game," but I feel like I have to give him a bit of credit here. Smart move.

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

Can't be worse than Tiki Barber, Rodney Harrison or Jerome Bettis as far as NBC goes. Not to mention Michael Irvin, Emmitt Smith, Warren Sapp...lol.

8. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

i really dont mind rodney harrison, hes such a pr**k but i kinda like him arguing with everyone.

i loathe bettis as an announcer though, i think ward is gonna be pretty good

9. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Emmit Smith is the worst on air analyst I've ever heard.

I'm looking forward to seeing what Ward brings to the table. He seems like a guy that would be good at it.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket

10. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

Look up some tape of Kosar and Torry Holt. I'm pretty sure I remember both of them calling one Browns game last year or the year before, and it was turrrrrrible.