Dolphins Sign WR Chad Ochocinco To One-Year Deal

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins' started by Saintsfan1972, Jun 11, 2012.

1. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

The Miami Dolphins have signed free agent wide receiver Chad Ochocinco to a one-year deal. The Dolphins worked out Ochocinco after he was released by the New England Patriots on Thursday. Ochocinco, 34, is a Miami native. He made the Pro Bowl six times, most recently in 2009, but had only a minor role in his lone season with the Patriots, catching 15 passes for 276 yards.

Source: James Walker , ESPN.com

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2012
  2. 86WARD

86WARD -

I kinda find this surprising...didn't think he'd get signed this quick...if at all...

3. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Hard knocks ratings.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket

4. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

just went from a #4 to a #1 all the receivers on the dolphins were scrubs

5. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Meh, I doubt he makes the roster unless he pulls a TO and shows he has something left.

6. ball in the baskett

Really??? what wide outs are gonna outplay him. I think him getting the ball so little was because of the pats system he should do better on the fins

7. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Davone Bess is the only WR that they have who might be more than a 3 on another team.

Baskett are you saying the Dolphins have a fisher-price offense that any idiot could pick up?

8. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Just because you don't know any names doesn't mean a team can't have success.

9. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

terrible move imo by the Phins. all he is trouble

10. ball in the baskett

Not saying its a fisher price offense but it has to be less complicated then the pats

Im not going by there names i know there receivers one of my best friends is a dolphins fan but i mean the guys you guys have are not that great by any means. Chad is a multitime probowler that imo people shouldent be counting out. Its not like TO hes not coming back from an injury. Remember in 2008 when he did horrible and people were saying hes getting old then came back to have a 9td year the next? I think it could happen again im not hating on the fins i actually want them to do good

I really doubt hes gonna be much of a problem as much as its hard to believe he has matured since his bengal days

11. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

i think its a good fit, he was a bad fit in NE with their gimmicky butt pass system...he just is too much of a freelancer for what they run. they needed a WR and he fills that role. I dont think hes completely washed up yet.

plus its hard knocks gold

and i dont think hes "nothing but trouble" he never really was, he certainly isnt now

12. 86WARD

86WARD -

He's never been "trouble.". Dramatic and excess sit baggage, but not trouble.

Wasn't he a healthy scratch for the Pats championship game?

Everyone knows he had problems learning the Pats offense...can he learn the west coast now?

Not a horrible signing...maybe similar to the Moss signing in San Fran. I'm a little surprised it happened so fast.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2012
  13. 86WARD

86WARD -

Questions that Joe Philbin will receive:

Hard Knocks
    Chad Johnson
    Lauren Tannehill
    Maybe a Football related question

14. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Someones about to get a sweet rookie bonus.

[​IMG]

15. 86WARD

86WARD -

LMAO!

16. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

My thoughts exactly. If not for Hard Knocks, would they sign him?

17. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Yes, he has inside info on the Pats, and he is a veteran to help the young players. CJ is a clown, but at least he has never been arrested.

18. 86WARD

86WARD -

Knock on wood...

19. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

You shouldn't have said that. I bet he gets arrested before the season ends.

20. 86WARD

86WARD -

About the "inside info" on the Pats...he's going to have nothing more than they already know. He'll have nothing from the offensive side, if anything he'll have less considering he couldn't grasp the concept of the playbook in NE and it's known that Brady had zero confidence in him as a player.