Roger Clemens Found Not Guilty

Discussion in 'Baseball Talk' started by afjay, Jun 18, 2012.

1. afjay

afjay Click. Clack.

WASHINGTON -- Former baseball star Roger Clemens was acquitted Monday on all charges that he obstructed and lied to Congress when he denied using performance-enhancing drugs as a fast-balling pitcher. The trial was lengthy, the deliberations relatively brief. The outcome ended a 10-week trial that capped an expensive, five-year investigation into one of the greatest pitchers in the history of baseball.

ESPN

2. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

far too much money spent on this

3. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

I give Roger a tona credit for going through all the steps without making a big deal

4. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

What?

I'll agree that resources were used on this that were wasted, but Clemens is a piece of crap and arrogant buttholes can't get away with lying to Congress to protect their records with no repercussions.

He might have been acquitted, but Clemens is FAR from not guilty.

5. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

This.

6. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

That's OK. The Hall of Fame voters will implement their own form of justice.

7. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

Yeah like the players in the HOF are all halo sporting Angels.

Baseball HOF is wack as long Pete Rose ain't in. It ain't crap.

8. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Couldn't agree more. This group of voters are approaching the first time that a known or perceived steroid user will be on the ballot and from all accounts they have a real hardon for these users.
    Rose will get into the Hall one of these days. Some future Commissioner will have the common sense to know that you can't keep the greatest hitter in MLB history out of the Hall. Funny that some of the voters probably have never even picked up a bat.

9. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

That irks me the most

I don't why a bunch of reporters are in charge of who gets in and doesn't.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

10. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Especially when those writers hold personal vendetta's against some.