The Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by smeags, Aug 27, 2007.

1. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Tellin' me bro.

I think I might have been the only fan in Tampa who thought we actually had a Santa's chance in Philly to win that game.

2. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Boykins was a huge add IMO.

DRC and NA will never be slot CBs, and true slot CBs are very undervalued in today's NFL. It's a poor fit to have leggy 6'2 CBs covering the slot with no sideline to use

Sent from my HTC Vivid

3. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

I think that was the moment I started hating McNabb.

4. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Hanson is quality. It wasn't a gaping hole, IMO.

Don't get me wrong, even if we are talking just genetics, Boykins has twice the ability that Hanson would ever have. He could be phenomenal. But worst case, we have a proven guy who knows what to expect and has years of experience there.

5. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

:plzdie:

6. smeags

smeags militant geek

yeah i remember that tampa game all too well. 1st game i ever took junior to. having him with me probably saved me from jumping off the top of the vet.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2012
  7. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

I just thought back to a time where our team was in the NFCCG year in and year out.

I honestly feel this current team has significantly more talent from top to bottom than those teams (with the exception of a few positions, of course).

This team needs to make it freaking happen this year.

Or tank.

Because I still want this mother hecker.

[​IMG]

8. smeags

smeags militant geek

i'd agree that this team is more talented. unfortunately for reid so is the rest of the nfl.

9. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

You know the Eagles chances of getting him are slim and none, don't you?

10. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Well aware.

But if Vick goes down early, season is hecked. And Barkley could have a bad year which will lower his stock.

11. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Hanson is a very good subpackage CB, and why IMO they were a year late trading Samuel. That trio looked good on paper, but none have the skill set to play the slot, and the slot is where you can hemorrhage those drive extending plays.

Boykins was a great add, but I would expect Hanson to be the #3. Regardless, 4 CBs at least get signifigant playing time in todays NFL

12. smeags

smeags militant geek

the eagles dropped the ball on trading asante last year because they overvalued him.

13. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

Former top recruit Bryce Brown looking good early and expected to battle lewis for the #2 RB spot. According to reports he impressed with his running and catching out of the backfield, even more than the hyped Polk.

Also, Boykin may be in for a bigger role as Demarius Johnson is the likely kick returner.

14. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

With Riley Cooper being hurt today, isn't even more obvious that the team needs to bring in Plaxico?

15. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Sounds good to me

16. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Of course Andy says today that they are not looking to add receivers...ugh.

17. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

They have a few young guys they like, such as mcnutt and johnson

18. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

I hope he rethinks that statement.

19. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

Jackson, Maclin and Avant are a solid 1, 2, 3 and then you add some of the young guys in there. No reason to freak out.

20. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

defense looking good at camp