Saints QB Drew Brees Says Comments On Roger Goodell Were Blown Out Of Proportion

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints' started by SRW, Aug 1, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Saints quarterback Drew Brees is defending his current and former teammates in the bounty scandal and added some gasoline to the fire when he told Sports Illustrated writer Peter King that no one trusts NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell. “Nobody trusts him. Nobody trusts him,†Brees said when asked about players’ attitudes toward Goodell. “I’m not talking about a DUI, or using a gun in a strip club, which are pretty clear violations.†No response yet from Goodell, but Brees says he has the inside scoop on how people league-wide feel about him. “I was asked a direct question: How do players in the league feel about the Commissioner?†Brees said to the NFL Network. “I’ve talked to many, many players, obviously, I’m on the executive committee of the Player Association. So I talk to a lot of the guys who are involved in the union, and certainly my teammates and others. And I think that there is a general feeling that the players don’t trust the commissioner.â€

Source: Sports Illustrated

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2012
  2. buffalobillsfan1

buffalobillsfan1 2nd String

Of course you and your cheating teammates don't like him.

3. Chipper10

Chipper10 Back 2 Back! Roll Tide Roll!

Start talking when your team becomes relevant in football again.

4. buffalobillsfan1

At least when we win our 1st Super Bowl, it will be legit.

5. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

We? You're on the team?

6. Chipper10

That's laughable. You claim it's not legit. That Lombardi Trophy isn't going anywhere. 2009 Super Bowl Champions will always be the New Orleans Saints, no matter how much you want to piss and moan about how it "wasn't legit". Good luck winning your first SB, btw. Bills will continue to be laughable in a division with the Patriots and Tom Brady.

7. Chipper10

Not to mention, They aren't the only ones that don't like him. You're so quick to jump up and down about the Saints and their comments toward Goodell, without making anymore of a valid point than Bounty Gate, which YOU haven't seen actual proof of. So you're making ignorant accusations based on your hatred for a team that's been far superior of your's as of late. Maybe you should pull up the big boy pants, and actually read more into an article than a Saints player bashing Goodell.

Steelers weren't accused of bounty gate. Their players have ripped Goodell in the recent past. So have others. What is your excuse for that one?

8. buffalobillsfan1

So Gregg Williams apologized for something that did not happen. OK.

9. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Don't get bothered by this hypocrite Chipper, the dude blasts the Saints for cheating yet he supports and gets all "happy" over a known cheater in Mr. Lights Out. And buffalobillsfan1 this topic isn't about the Saints cheating in the superbowl. Please keep it on the subject.

10. Chipper10

I noticed.

Either way, The media loves blowing anything any player says out of proportion.

11. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

[​IMG]

12. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Looks like Drew hasn't been watching his carbs...kinda chunky..lol Guess nothing better to do then eat when you're waiting for your payday.

13. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Oh boy, I know all about out of shape players at camp. Saints fans better hope he doesn't pull a CJ2k.

(we all know that's highly unlikely, but sometimes even the haters get to dream)