Let Us Know Who Your Favorite NFL Team Is And Why!

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by SRW, Mar 26, 2005.

?

So who is your favorite NFL team?

1. Buffalo Bills

26.1%
  2. Miami Dolphins

1.9%
  3. New England Patriots

1.9%
  4. New York Jets

2.2%
  5. Baltimore Ravens

1.9%
  6. Cincinnatti Bengals

1.1%
  7. Cleveland Browns

1.1%
  8. Pittsburgh Steelers

4.9%
  9. Houston Texans

0.7%
  10. Indianapolis Colts

1.9%
  11. Jacksonville Jaguars

1.1%
  12. Tennessee Titans

1.1%
  13. Denver Broncos

1.9%
  14. Kansas City Chiefs

3.0%
  15. Oakland Raiders

3.7%
  16. San Diego Chargers

1.9%
  17. Dallas Cowboys

5.6%
  18. New York Giants

2.6%
  19. Philadelphia Eagles

3.7%
  20. Washington Redskins

4.1%
  21. Chicago Bears

3.7%
  22. Detroit Lions

2.2%
  23. Minnesota Vikings

1.9%
  24. Green Bay Packers

2.2%
  25. Atlanta Falcons

0.4%
  26. Carolina Panthers

1.1%
  27. New Orleans Saints

3.4%
  28. Tampa Bay Buccaneers

1.9%
  29. Arizona Cardinals

1.5%
  30. St.Louis Rams

2.6%
  31. San Francisco 49ers

6.3%
  32. Seattle Seahawks

0.4%
  1. SweetShot03

SweetShot03 Fuck stupid people

I just noticed there are 17 redskins fans but where the heck did they go?

and only 5 lions fans lol....

I am a Dtown lions fan, I am originally from michigan so naturaly the way things normally go they are my favorite team.

I have been watching the lions games since I can remember, I always loved to watch Barry Sanders tear up the feild and watch how the best LB couldnt even contain him. I loved watching Hermon Moore stand up straight and make catches while the CB had to jump to come close to how far he could reach lol. Brett Periman, Sloan. I cant remember the correct year but I remember when the lions won a Wildcard slot in the Playoffs, granted they lost but they were a good team.

Even when the lions are 0-16 I stand by them, yes they are having to replace a lot of great talent, but slowly they are becoming what they used to be, maybe not this season or next but soon they will be a team to be reckoned with.

Even though they were the worst team in the NFL when I was asked who my team was I said without hesitation of what they might think say or make fun of them......... The Detroit Lions are my team.

I cant wait till I get the chance to go to one of their games again.

2. steelersphan

steelersphan Rookie

Steelers. I was born a Steelers fan and yea, I have some painful memories. I was born in 1990 so the team wasn't really in their prime til recently.

3. UK 49er fan

UK 49er fan Rookie

49ers fan here, (as if you hadn't guessed from my ever so subtle user name).

Started following the NFL when it started being covered in the UK in the 80's. Back then we got highlights of one game a week, a week behind as well, and that was it (one hour programme with the main game condensed into 40 mins and the rest being a round up of the other games). Because the 49ers were so good then they were in the featured game a lot. I jumped on their bandwagon as an impressionable kid, and been on it ever since, and good times or bad I love it!!!!!!,...:icon_cheesygrin:,..............

4. warcrychief

warcrychief Ur just da assistant Pimp

Just noticed that i never posted on this :tsk:

Well...where should i start???...Aww...my dad on sundays. My dad on sudays would bring out his stepping stool and place it 1 foot away from the T.V. lol he is a Seahawks fan. so needless 2 say he had some pretty good names for Dave Craig :moe:(QB 4 Seahawks) every time he fumbled or threw an INT lol if he could have grabbed him thru the T.V. im sure he would have lol

later my dad asked me 2 join him as a Seahawks fan...and all i can think of is his long rants at the T.V. and said no thanks lol ill find my own team i said. so in time i started watching the games 4 myself. and the 1 team that caught my eye...DA RAIDERS...i know...i know...but b4 you try 2 gut me 4 my choice...let me finish...Howie Long was the player that caught my eye. he was making big plays at the right time 4 his team. an so i was on my way 2 being a fan of the NFL (i also remember Marcus Allen being on the sideline all pissed off). a full year goes by...and i noticed alot of my friends and others were fans of the Raiders 2. so i was happy with my choice. then...the day comes that changed that 4 good.

i was hanging out with my friends and buds all day...and saw 1 of them that had a Raiders jacket on and decided 2 ask him how he liked last sundays game? and the win. he turns around and tells me..."aww...i dont watch the games...i just like the team 4 their colors" :blink: i was shell shocked. how many of the other ppl are doing the same as him i was thinking.

so i was back 2 page 1...and had spent my hard earn money on all this Raider gear for nothing. so i went back 2 the drawing board. at school i brought out the newspaper and started looking at all the teams and was stumped. and 1 of my buddies asked me what i was doing..." im searching 4 a new team 2 root 4" he said "why dont you root 4 the 1 id root 4?" i said "you follow a team and keep track of how they are doing?" he said "yep" i said "ok, give it 2 me." he said "The Chiefs". and with out knowing that the Raiders and Chiefs were rivals i said "O.K." lol i had some1 i could talk 2 about the games that was just as intrested as me.

Right away i wanted 2 know how well the left defensive end player was for the Chiefs. and low and behold...i have Neil Smith 2 root for lol i was a happy clam. i was 17 at the time. and the following off season...Free agency begins in the NFL. i remember every 1 wanted 2 know where Reggie White was going 2 land next and listen 2 offers. and the Chiefs trade 4 Joe Montana as well. and we also get Marcus Allen. as much as i was keeping my eye out for Smith during games. there was this other player always seeming 2 meet Smith at the QB, and his name was Derrick Thomas "The Double Headed Monster" as the NFL films would call them. later i would learn of the rivalries between the teams and learn fast i did lol the rest you can say is history :fu06:

Last edited: Feb 3, 2011
  5. jeffmullins

jeffmullins Rookie

Saints fan here. Grew up watching them with my dad. It's been a painful relationship but has improved over the last few years!

I still can't believe they won the Super Bowl, but they did.

Who Dat!

6. Chipper10

Chipper10 Back 2 Back! Roll Tide Roll!

I never posted here, either. But, Saints are my team. To be honest? I don't have a long, drawn out story. They're the closest team to here. But nonetheless, I used to be a huge Cowboys fan as a kid, when Aikman, Moose, Irvin, Smith and such were on the team. When the majority of them left, and more so into the late 90s, I started to hate them. I had always liked the Saints as another team, and a big reason was my dad liked them. But, we all know how the history of the Saints were. Horrible. I'd still root for them when they played, despite it. Soon enough, my hatred for the Cowboys hit full effect, and everything I had in way of a NFL team was black and gold. I did have a small period where I had the Panthers as my second team, mainly when Jake Delhomme FIRST went there, and he was the only reason. However, Saints vs Panthers? I always rooted for the Saints. As for now, I'd never root for another team, and that happened well before the 2009 super bowl season. When they finally won that SB, I cried. Hell, I cried when Hartley kicked them to the SB game. It was an amazing moment, and I'll never forget it. I'll forever be a Saints fan, bad or good.

7. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Im a Pats fan. I caught a lot of crap for being a fairweather fan a long time ago no matter how hard I fought it. But I can assure you there's no fairweatherness here. I dont really know what I like them, honestly. Its just who I've always rooted for. Maybe I just liked the helmet when I was little and it stuck.

8. FACT! Steve 12 is a Pats fan who lives in Chicago! LOL

9. groenator

groenator Rookie

I choose bears..reason why... When I start watching foottball and understood american football (I live in Europe) the first team that popped in my eyes was bears therefore I can see myself as a bears fan.... I do like other teams as well but bears are the bears for me....

Last edited: Apr 27, 2012
  10. Huxley

Huxley ...

Well, I'd have to say I like the Bears if I had to choose a favorite. I also like the Raiders and 49ers because of my old man and some of his friends but I prefer the Bears more.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2013
  11. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

[MENTION=3978]Huxley[/MENTION] Raider fan??? YIKES...well as someone who is in love with the OTHER/BETTER team across the bay I hope you never see another trophy...lol

and your lady is a Bronco fan...I LOVE IT!!!!

12. bossco

bossco Rookie

49ers i was born into it. 32yrs now

9ers n lakers on my razr maxx(tapralk)

13. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Cowboys. Lived in Dallas since 1962.

14. 86WARD

86WARD -

Since 1962?!? You old heck!! I had no idea...lol.

15. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Moved here when I was 5. I'll be 56 in Nov.

16. Huxley

Huxley ...

Ha...we're going to be great friends, I can tell...

17. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Youngster.

18. markaz

[MENTION=3978]Huxley[/MENTION]......Love the Ted Hendricks avatar. The Mad Stork was one hell of a DE.

19. Huxley

Huxley ...

Yeah, Hendricks was awesome. He was mostly a Linebacker though.

20. markaz

That's true. Where he lined up...usually...DE just popped into my mind.

I guess I'm really a traitor at the end of the day. When I lived in KC, member of the Wolfpack and season ticket holder of the Chiefs, I was a die-hard Chiefs fans. But having moved to Phoenix 20 years ago I had to be behind the hometown team. It's been tough, especially in a town where fans of the opposing team outnumber these so-called Phoenix fans. Still love the Chiefs and when the two play I want the Chiefs to win, but I figure if I keep snitchin' about the dumb things the /cards do one day they'll listen and wake up. :icon_rolleyes:

Last edited: Aug 22, 2012