The Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by smeags, Aug 27, 2007.

1. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Aside from the fact it seems these heckers are dropping like flies.

Our entire starting DL was out today and Kendricks pulled up lame.

2. smeags

smeags militant geek

looks like an awesome job by the players and team in getting these guys stretched out before full contact drills.

3. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

nice trade today, trading a couple guys who likely weren't going to make the team for a pick and good sized backup

4. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

What's to like (and not) so far with the Eagles

5. SRW

6. SRW

Good article with a look at a horrible day at Eagles camp today:

A day like no other for Eagles at Lehigh

7. smeags

smeags militant geek

reid is going to handle the loss of his son the way he feels fit and i dont have any issue with him coming back. he needs to back at training camp IMO to keep himself together. assuming tammy reid is not falling apart at the seems (and there's no idication that that is is case) there's no reason for him to take time off.

i am wondering what will happen to him when this season ends. hopefully he has a parade to attend but even after that i think the gravity of what happened will hit him and hit him hard.

8. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Man Kendricks looking pretty good so far, was hoping Pittsburgh got him during the draft.

9. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

Vick just hurt his throwing hand. Look painfull

10. 86WARD

86WARD -

Definitely looks in pain, but he's still on the sideline...nothing on it...

11. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

Kafka just threw it at a dl

12. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

i wanna see foles move up to the 2nd string i dont like the way kafka throws at all. Im really interested to see folers play today

13. y2kbug

y2kbug Take the Gunga!

I know its only been one game but i would totally agree with you on this, Foles actually looked really good i liked his presence in the pocket, he really nice accurate and big arm on those passes, and despite what people said about him not being mobile i saw enough of him outside the pocket passing on the move and i liked what i saw.
    There is something about Kafka that really rubs me the wrong way its like the more pressure he is under the easier he collapses and makes more mental mistakes, Trent Edwards actually looked better than Kafka.

At first i wasn't trilled with Foles as the 3rd round pick in the draft but now im starting to be a believer

14. smeags

smeags militant geek

one game against reserves but foles showed great poise and looked like he was reading the defense well.

some people werer going off about the 1st team defense on the radio but damn ... how many starters were out ? jenkins, cole, babin ?

i'm just happy to have football again.

15. y2kbug

y2kbug Take the Gunga!

i know it was one game and perhaps I'm jumping the gun but Kafka went in with the two and looked scared.

D made some mental mistakes that can be fixed by the opener and the D-line showed a lot of promise with the 2nd and 3rd teams. Hunt/Graham/Landry/Curry looked dominant.

16. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

I would imagine a fine coming DRC's way for that headhunting on Byron.

17. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

The D looked solid. They missed some tackles and had some miscommunications but all in all they looked freaking beast. I think with some time they'll be what they could be.

As for Foles, I know it's 1 game but I love this kid. I was happy when they drafted him and think he could be the heir apparent to Mr. Vick/play week 3 when Vick breaks something but I see Andy keeping Kafka at the 2 slot. I'm just worried Trent Edwards will find a way to make this team.

18. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Highlights:
    Kendricks: looks to be the real deal
    Hunt: playing his butt off for a roster spot.
    Harbor: TDs are good.
    Bryce Brown: kids got some pop. Gonna be a very nice #3 I think.
    Ryans: very nice bounceback game. Looked like the player I expected him to be.
    Foles: wow.
    DeSean: productive, and also upended a former rugby player over his back?!? I think I like the new DJax!

Lowlights
    Vick: smh
    Penalties: just terrible. And I think every starter had at least one. 125 yards or something like that. Unreal.

19. smeags

smeags militant geek

highlight of the night was reid ripping his defense and wasburn. i really hope he told wasburn that his wide nine can suck a rod.

20. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

The DEs are going to dominate in it, but our tiny LBs are gonna get killed. Again.