TE Chris Cooley Released By Redskins

Discussion in 'Washington Redskins' started by Sweets, Aug 28, 2012.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Chris Cooley's eight-year run with the Washington Redskins is over. The team let Cooley break the news himself in a sudden, although not shocking press conference Tuesday.

"The Washington Redskins are releasing me today," Cooley said. "This will be my last day as a Redskin. I'm very fortunate to have played for a team and a fan base that have embraced me like they have. This team changed my life. I have every belief that I can still play football at a high level. I'll take some time ... not sure I could wear another jersey."

The Redskins later confirmed Cooley had been let go in a news release.

Source: NFL.com

Last edited: Aug 29, 2012
  2. 86WARD

86WARD -

Not really surprising. His receiving skills, running skills have declined and he's played more FB lately than anything...

3. nyg hitstick

nyg hitstick Special Teamer

I know another NFC East team who could use help at the TE position...

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

He's not really a good TE anymore. Some team will sign him though...probably Week 2 or 3 so the salary isn't guaranteed.

5. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

He's one of those division opponents that you hated when he burned your team, but had a lot of respect for. It was a little tough hearing him start to tear up in his press conference. I wish the dude nothing but the best in his future, on or off the field.

6. wonderyears

wonderyears Rookie

Wouldn't mind the Raiders giving him a shot to start. We're so thin at the TE position it's pretty sad.

7. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Someone will sign him...classy guy and it showed in his press conference.

8. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

interesting tibbit. his wife recently cheated on him and left him

9. Huxley

Huxley ...

Really? Oh man, that and being cut, that's rough.

Yeah, if he's got anything left in the tank, what the hell. I'd be for it too.

10. 86WARD

86WARD -

Ouch!

11. that's hecked up. She was good lookin too. Screw snitches man.

12. 86WARD

86WARD -

[​IMG]

Somebody had to post a picture...right?