The Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by smeags, Aug 27, 2007.

1. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

bryce brown is a great fit for them, i cant believe how good kendricks is in traffic, hes just what they needed

2. smeags

smeags militant geek

personally i dont think the eagles need to run the wide nine any longer. it was brought in because the eagles were getting zero push up the middle and it helped the ends get to the qb. i think the eagles will be fine now when it comes to pressure up the middle so why run that crap. play true and allow the outside lb's to play back and the mlb can fill the gaps as needed on the d-line.

just please for the love of all thats good in the world, please get rid of castillo and let bowles take over as DC.

3. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

They did run the Wide 9 less towards the end of the season last year, so hopefully they do the same once the season starts. I'm trying my best to not judge the team off of two preseason games, but they do not have me excited so far.

4. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Agreed. But it's a passing league and that wide 9 brought the team the most sacks in the league last year.

It isn't going away.

5. smeags

smeags militant geek

that's very true. it also helped lead the team to an 8-8 record because it exposed the horrendous LB play even more. if the DT's get the push up the middle they need - much like the pats did monday night - they wont "need" to run it.

the eagles used to be up there with the sack leaders every season under jim johnson without running the wide 9. johnson also had the benefit of better DT & DB play.

at least foles will get a ton of playing time in the next two games.

it comes down to what dawk said - it's only pre-season but i am not impressed so far. i just hope reid can figure this out. i'm not a fan of his but i would love to see him win it all with the eagles.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2012
  6. smeags

smeags militant geek

well, at least vick didn't get hurt at flight night.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2012
  7. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

He's learning! Finally!

:buttrock:

8. smeags

smeags militant geek

unfortunately he said in an interview after the game he isnt changing how he plays because it's why he's been so successful during his career.

ummm, mike - yes you've been a human highlight reel but c'mon now son - let's not talk with a canton type swag, ok ?

9. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

I'm getting almost as aggravated with this guy as I was with McNabb near the end...

10. smeags

smeags militant geek

he is what he is my man. those first seven games were a mirage but reid is attached at the hip with him this year.

11. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

12. y2kbug

y2kbug Take the Gunga!

I kinda wish they would make a spot for Polk maybe even at FB and I really think that they should cut their losses with Kafka and go with Richards cause Kafka just doesn't have an arm.

Best case scenario would be to try to package Kafka and Tapp for future picks

13. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Why get rid of Tapp? He's always making plays when he is on the field. Why would you want him out over Graham? Who still didn't look anything special this preseason?

14. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

Were we watching the same games? The Steelers game in particular he made life incredibly difficult for Pittsburgh. Give Graham an entire season and he's going to prove dividends. I like Tapp as much as the next guy but lets be real here.

15. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

After this game Kafka NEEDS to be released. I know it wasn't against first teamers but Trent Edwards played like an NFL caliber QB. Mike Kafka is NOT better than Trent Edwards.

16. DawkinsINT

I would be shocked if Kafka is not gone. If Kafka had Edwards' NFL starting experience, it might be a tougher decision, but this is a no-brainer.

17. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

I sure as hell hope it is.

18. smeags

smeags militant geek

love what lurie said about reid in his state of the team address. you job is on the line andy and 8-8 won't make the cut. get 'er done or get packing. you too vick.

btw - anyone else see the broadcast and notice that the ref sounded like hank hill ?

19. y2kbug

y2kbug Take the Gunga!

Tapp is good and probably could be a good player for another team but he is the odd man out, first you don't get rid of Graham cause he is a 1st rounder and injuries haven't allowed people to see his talent plus coaches like him, and he was great against the Steelers and last night game he was pretty good despite some false starts.

I think we all agree that Kafka has to go and honestly Edwards played with tons of heart last night, i mean the guy was getting hit left and right and he stood there and took the hits while making some nice passes. Plus he actually can throw it deep and has NFL experience something Kafka can't do and doesn't have

20. DawkinsINT

Damn...I can't believe I didn't notice that.