The Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by smeags, Aug 27, 2007.

1. smeags

smeags militant geek

i dont need scary good for years. i need a damn parade.

2. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

^ What he said.

3. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

4. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

I'll be honest, I'd rather a competitive team year in and year out and maybe a Super Bowl win in there than to win the Super Bowl and become the Cleveland Browns. Either way, Andy Reid makes this team a winner.

5. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Scary good? Can we at least first do better than 8-8 and see Foles in a regular season game before we start sucking each other off?

6. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

I was gonna say 'don't go raining on his parade!', but smeags would've corrected me and reminded me that there is no parade to be rained on.

7. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

24 hours from now there will finally be some real Eagles football again!! :buttrock:

8. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

:buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock:

9. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Is it me, or does Vick take far longer to decide what to do when he is in the shotgun???

10. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

which team had the rookie QB today? ugh

11. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

So how long before people start clamoring for Foles from the rafters?

12. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Dude, that's been happening since Foles completed his first pass in preseason.

Some of it is stupid, ignorant, fairweather fans, granted. But some of it is people who just know what Vick's skillset/mindset/general thought process as a QB is. Vick has not changed, not progressed, from the passer he was in Atlanta. He has not learned how to counter the defenses that are tailored to stop him. The book is written on how to make him more or less ineffective, and he hasn't learned how to beat that.

Sure, he'll give you amazing games. But a lot of that comes from the talent around him. You give most QBs DeSean, Maclin, Celek, McCoy, and Avant, and they will make plays.

I'm not ready to demote his butt yet, but it sure as heck won't take many more outings like today.

13. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

henery misses a 45 yarder and did anyone see Akers tie the record with a 63 yarder today? lol

14. SRW

[ame=http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-player-interviews/0ap1000000060200/Michael-Vick-addresses-rocky-Week-1-performance]NFL Videos: Michael Vick addresses rocky Week 1 performance[/ame]

15. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

Maybe I'm an optimist but rather than taking the negative away let's look at the good things Vick did. He slid, he ran out of bounds, he threw the ball away and at times made AMAZING passes. Of course the other 75% of the time he played like crap but I think that it's a bit of rust and trying to catch up to missing a big portion of the preseason. Let's be real here as well. He knows he has 2 guys behind him that TORE up the preseason and could feasibly be put on the field if he struggles incredibly bad. I think he's in his own head and I think he'll look more crisp next week. At times that offense showed signs of what it can be. Bottom line is Juan Castillo picked it up on the defensive side of the ball and our offense is dangerous(when on it.) I'm excited for the rest of the season. But Brandon Weeden is AWFUL! HOLY CRAP!

16. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Lol.

17. smeags

smeags militant geek

a bit of rust ? really ? lol

vick has played this way since mid-season 2010. wake up. this is who he is.

18. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Vick is making Brady money and he doesn't deserve it, IMO.

19. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Please don't remind us.

20. SRW

[ame=http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-around-the-league/0ap1000000060467/What-s-wrong-with-the-Eagles]NFL Videos: What's wrong with the Eagles?[/ame]