Bears RB Matt Forte Sounds Unhappy About Losing Goal-Line Carries To Michael Bush

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by Sweets, Sep 10, 2012.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

After a slow start Sunday, Bears running back Matt Forte finished with 16 carries for 80 yards and a touchdown and three catches for 40 yards.

But Forte didn’t get: goal-line carries which resulted in Michael Bush scoring two one-yard touchdowns in the Bears’ 41-21 victory over the Indianapolis Colts on Sunday at Soldier Field. Forte doesn't sound please about being pulled near the goal-line.

“It’s been happening my whole career here, so I don’t know,’’ Forte told Joe Cowley of the Chicago Sun-Times. “That’s the coordinator’s call.’’

Forte had eight more touches than Bush, who had 12 carries for 42 yards and no receptions.

“Mike can do it all, as well,’’ Forte said. “He can catch the ball on third downs, so there are no limitations when I come out of the game. It’s not like if I come out on third down, he can’t do the same thing.’’

Source: The Redzone

2. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

Also unhappy: this guy

3. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Agreed.

4. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

I think all Forte owners are pissed. But Bears fans should be happy because a win is a win.

5. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

forte is a whiny snitch. i do not like him at all. carry on.

6. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

Very Happy: This guy...because I traded for Micheal Bush hoping this would happen lol

7. URL54MVP

URL54MVP Pro Bowler

Joe Cowley is a freaking assclown.

8. 86WARD

86WARD -

Did the Bears have Bush and Forte in the backfield at the same time at all?

9. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Forte did ZERO whining up until this year.

I have Forte on two of my fantasy teams. HOWEVER though, Forte needs to just SHUT UP and look at the bigger picture. When the Bears signed Bush, Forte knew something like this was possible.

10. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

Not sure how anyone hears Forte whining at all. It's the questions of the reporter that 'crafted' his 'whining'.

Man didn't say a thing out of line IMO & yes, it's important for a runner who moves the ball down the whole field to get the right to punch it in.

He wants the ball....shocking isn't it.

11. DaBearsrule4ever

Nothing wrong with Forte wanting the ball but he needs to look at the bigger picture.

12. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

What exactly did he think they were bringing in Bush to do? Stand their and look pretty?

13. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

eh, you're wrong bears fans. forte has turned into a whiny snitch over the last couple of years. he's snitched about money, being played too much, and now not being played enough.

i am sick of his crap. carry on.

14. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

Sounds like you're sampling the bilge-water, Cap'n :icon_smile:

Forte was promised by the Bears over & over again how they were going to take care of him while he was busting his tail for his rookie contract & being beyond key to the only legitimate threat the Bears had on offense. His versatility has him a value that any team who want.

I understand you thinking him whining too much but if you followed Chicago, you'd be privy to the whole story than being confused about some random sound bites.

15. DaBearsrule4ever

Me wrong? Not hardly... Like it was said... Forte was promised by the Bears that he would be taken care of. Guess what, during training camp last year, he was told to make a pro bowl before he gets a new contract. Guess what again, HE DID. He would have had over 2,000 total yards from scrimmage last season if it wasn't for that knee injury. Forte was playing for peanuts during his rookie contract at a grand total of $3.5 million for FOUR YEARS. He overperformed his rookie contract after three years.

16. DaBearsrule4ever

Like I said before... Forte KNEW this was going to be possible when the Bears signed Bush. Now I think Forte needs to just shut up and look at the bigger picture.

17. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

who cares you got payed already its not like ure playing for a contract

18. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Some people actually have pride in their profession. I know its rare in todays sports but it does exist.