The Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by smeags, Aug 27, 2007.

1. smeags

smeags militant geek

westbrook was just on 97.5 and said reid has never been good at adjusting. pretty much if the original gameplan hits a snag the eagles lose.

2. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

The 2nd half they ran McCoy a bunch more so I don't completely agree with Westbrook on that one. However that is a very recent development. If you give him 15 carries in the first half that will set up the play action and have him rush 5-10 times in the 2nd half and the Eagles win. He's THAT good of a running back that this line works. I just don't see why Andy doesn't see this. But I will agree that he's always been bad at adjusting but Sunday he definitely did it. It was too late but he mixed it up a bit more.

3. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Andy believes in passing to set-up the pbutt. Poor McCoy is being wasted in this system.

4. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

He wasn't wasted last year. Was leading the NFC the majority of last year.

He obviously is this year though.

5. smeags

smeags militant geek

i actually think that what we saw was the gameplan all along so i don't give him any credit. the idea was to pass like crazy in the first half and then run the ball to eat time up and wear the defense down. in reality it's not a bad gameplan, if it works. but it didn't - and reid stayed the course regardless. it's the same gameplan every damn week. it's nothing new.

he rarely ever adjusts in the game to what the defense is giving him. in his own words week after week - we just keep plugging away - :banghead:

but as i said in the gameday thread i see the eagles winning this week. mccoy will get ultilized which will open the rest of the offense.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2012
  6. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

I think Andy meant to have him rush the first half and pass the 2nd but while he was eating his pre-game feast he mixed up the 2 pieces of paper thinking they were napkins and his fat butt hecked up the game plan. If this fat heck can learn anything this team could be dangerous. It'd take a TON of pressure off of Vick and he might actually be a great QB again. In 2010 they used the run A LOT more than just passing and that's why Vick had a great season such as he did. GO BACK TO IT FAT BUTT!

7. smeags

smeags militant geek

you are dead on my man. reid's only obstacle from greatness and mulitplie lombardis is himself.

8. smeags

smeags militant geek

9. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

10. smeags

smeags militant geek

oh damn :laughy32:

11. DawkinsINT

Is that a pin? Do you have it if so?

12. smeags

smeags militant geek

for sale at the pro-shop. going to get a couple on sunday.

13. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

14. smeags

smeags militant geek

i may just do that.

still think the birds win this game. better match-up for them IMO because the giants run a 4-3 and don't blitz a ton. although it wouldnt surprise me if they did for this game but i think reid will actually run to counter that for one week.

then he'll get cocky and try to pass all day against the steelers and lose. :banghead:

15. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

god i hate giants fans with a passion and alot of these shmucks all the sudden became big fans in 2008.

16. smeags

smeags militant geek

success always brings about bandwagon fans.

17. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

Dealing with there crap talking is the worst just knowing that they just jumped on the wagon recently. Thinking there gonna kick our butt without a problem when we beat them 6 out 7 recently.

18. smeags

smeags militant geek

bdawk day all day on 97.5 the fanatic - ex teammates and stars from around the league are coming on to talk about one of the greatest safeties to play the game and one of the if not "the" greatest eagles player ever.

you out of town eagles fans can get an app for 97.5 or find it on i heart radio. good way to get the local feel.

cant wait for sunday, the game is almost secondary.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2012
  19. DawkinsINT

20. smeags

smeags militant geek

next stop - canton !