Eagles QB Michael Vick Could Be The Next To Lose His Job In Philadelphia

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by Sweets, Oct 16, 2012.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Andy Reid offered Michael Vick the same kind of backing he gave Juan Castillo on Monday fueling speculation the Philadelphia Eagles quarterback could be the next to lose his job.

Castillo was fired this morning as defensive coordinator, replaced 22 games into his tenure by defensive backs coach Todd Bowles.

Vick has 13 turnovers this season and is a primary reason why the offense has struggled scoring.

“As I sit here today, he's the starting quarterback,†Reid said today, according to the Philadelphia Inquirer.

As the report indicates, that’s about the same support Reid put behind his longtime friend when he was asked on Monday if Castillo would continue to call the defense.

“That’s the way I’m looking at it as I stand right here,†Reid said.

If Reid gives up on Vick, the Eagles will turn to rookie quarterback Nick Foles, that would be a big leap at this point with Philadelphia 3-3, one game back of the New York Giants in the NFC East. But Reid said he is “looking at everything.â€

“I'm just telling the truth," Reid said. "That's what I'm saying to you. Right now, Michael Vick is the starting quarterback.

“All I can tell you today is what I've got down today, and you can take it however you have to take it."

Source: National Football Post

Last edited: Oct 17, 2012
  2. codatious99

codatious99 cheese head

i dont see this happening

does foles really give the eagles the best chance to win games

3. Lddbck

Lddbck Little League

I think soon people will be asking that same thing about Reid.

4. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

who would be the starting QB for the Eagles if they let vick go??? I dont see anyone filling in those shoes

5. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

"As I sit here today, Michael is the starting QB. When Ms. Lurie calls me and tells me he's not, he will not be the starter. The time is yours."

7. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

We don't know for sure, but if he doesn't give the other team the ball on three times a game on average, he very well might give us a better chance.

8. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

King said Vick has fumbled 30 times in his last 30 games.

I just looked it up, and he has thrown 29 interceptions in his last 30 games.

30 games
    30 fumbles
    29 interceptions

9. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

If we give foles the keys to this team were going to be running alot more i could see foles being a decent game manager

10. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

and people crap on tony romo

rofl

11. Agent Zero

Agent Zero I rode the short bus

Good point

12. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

1. You think Vick gets any less crap than Romo?

2. Romo sucks, too.

13. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

dude more people ride on Vicks left testicle than all of the bandwagoners on both tonys nuts.

14. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

But Vick has talent. He's just an idiot. Romo...well....yeah.

15. jarhd1775

jarhd1775 Special Teamer

Eagles are 1 game back of the Giants however, they dont play this weekend and more then likely, the Giants beat the Redskins putting them 2 games back. I dont care what changes the Eagles make. I just need them to finish 8-8 so Reid will keep his job. As long as he is the coach, the Eagles are no worries.

16. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

It must suck being okay with being a foot note in the NFL. 8-8 isn't a playoff team. Andy will be canned if that happens. Either way they'll destroy the Skins the 2 times they play them and get into the playoffs because god has an awful sense of humor.

17. smeags

smeags militant geek

vick is a talented football player. not a very good qb though.

18. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

Imagine Vick as a compliment to McCoy in the running game with an actual QB throwing.

19. smeags

smeags militant geek

^^ where's that stroking smiley ?

seriously though, looking back this run with reid it started with such promise, to see it wind down this way it definitely a shame.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2012
  20. afjay

afjay Click. Clack.

I can see it a change happening because Reid's seat is really getting hot right now.