UCI Agrees To Strip Lance Armstrong Of His 7 Tour De France Titles

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Sports' started by Sportsguy, Oct 22, 2012.

1. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

Cycling's governing body agreed Monday to strip Lance Armstrong of his seven Tour de France titles and ban him for life, following a report from the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency that accused him of leading a massive doping program on his teams.

UCI President Pat McQuaid announced that the federation accepted the USADA's report on Armstrong and would not appeal to the Court of Arbitration for Sport.

The decision clears the way for Tour de France organizers to officially remove Armstrong's name from the record books, erasing his consecutive victories from 1999-2005.

Tour director Christian Prudhomme has said the race would go along with whatever cycling's governing body decides and will have no official winners for those years.

USADA said Armstrong should be banned and stripped of his Tour titles for "the most sophisticated, professionalized and successful doping program that sport has ever seen" within his U.S. Postal Service and Discovery Channel teams.

The USADA report said Armstrong and his teams used steroids, the blood booster EPO and blood transfusions. The report included statements from 11 former teammates who testified against Armstrong.

Source: ESPN

2. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

yep, it's all over for lance. all of his endorsement deals, his massive public support, all of it ............... it was fun seeing lance win all of those tours but i pretty much distanced myself from supporting any of his activities a long time ago when the evidence became overwhelming and he kept denying it. i wonder if when he is old and gray, he will come around and finally admit it.

3. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

This about sums it up for me.

4. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

donators to the live strong foundation have started asking for a return because the foundation was a fraud.

how freaking scumbaggy of them

5. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

I thought that it was sponsors, not personal donors that were being douches.

6. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

i only caught that piece on the radio, i should have looked more to see the exact reasons behind it

7. Chipper10

Chipper10 Back 2 Back! Roll Tide Roll!

If they are asking for refunds..then shame on them. That money wasn't a fraud. It goes to helping people.

And he had cancer. Is it that big of a shock he took substances to help him? Like Most of the guys he beat DIDN'T take something.

8. 86WARD

86WARD -

I'm sure he was the ONLY one taking them...lol.

9. Chipper10

Yeah. I know, right?

10. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Funny. I bet if he was from some European country, you wanted him stripped from the titles, but he's American and so it's okay to cheat I assume.

For the money - from what I've heared sponsors asked him for refunds and so do some of the organizers of races. In case of the Tour de France, it would be €500000 each, or €3500000 total

Here's a chart, of the TdF winners and follow ups. Thinks that says alot about this sport in general, while this is stil no excuse to cheat IMO

[​IMG]

11. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

So nobody has ever won the Tour de France, right?

It's like baseball in the 90's. Everybody was doing it, so it still should count for something...

Sent from my LG-970h using Tapatalk 2

12. 86WARD

86WARD -

That's awesome...lol.

13. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

The whole UCI is a freaking joke. They did little against doping for ages, but now they are all so shocked about it. They badly need changes in their organisation and now would be a great point to make a cut. They should get rid of the leaders and replace them with ppl, who represent all of the cyclists and not only the juiced road racer posterboys....

14. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

the guy should get a pass at life for having 1 nut its hecked up lol leave the poor guy alone

15. codatious99

codatious99 cheese head

bike this crap lance

[​IMG]

16. Chipper10

I don't recall anyone saying to give him a pass to cheat because he's American. That's a total wacked out accusation to make.

The guy had cancer. He beat it. You don't think he wasn't taking something? 7 YEARS..he won the title. And NOW they want to test him and do something about it? No. You don't take it away from someone AFTER the fact. IF he was still cycling, and won it this year and found guilty? Fine.

But do those tests really go back 7 years? No. Doesn't mean he didn't do it. And no, no one should cheat. But, the people he beat I am sure were on the same stuff. So, you take them away..who do you say would have been clean and won? None of them, more than likely.

17. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

who really gives as crap if he juiced or not?

18. 86WARD

86WARD -

Evidentally..they all did it. :laughy32:

19. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

When in Rome, do as the Romans do...