Browns President Mike Holmgren Won't Rule Out Return To Coaching

Discussion in 'Cleveland Browns' started by Sweets, Oct 23, 2012.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Cleveland Browns President Mike Holmgren didn't guarantee during his press conference Tuesday afternoon that he'll remain with the team through the rest of the season, and won't rule out a return to coaching somewhere in the NFL, Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer reports.

Asked if he has one more coaching stint in him, Holmgren, 64, said, "I don't know. I do miss the coaching part.''

He said he considered coaching the Browns after firing Eric Mangini, but didn't feel it was the right time.

"I thought a lot about it, what I was willing to do, what I wasn't willing to do,'' he said. "At that time I wasn't ready for it. I thought I'd be shortchanging the organization.''

Source: The Redzone

Last edited: Oct 24, 2012
  2. Icecube89

Icecube89 Starter

Guy was a fraud ever since he came into town. The Qb guru took ten million a year and laughed. He did nothing and we are no better than when he took over.

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

He was overrated as a head coach. With Favre he was excellent. In Seattle...meh.

4. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Ed Werder is saying that since Jerry and Holmgren like each other, he COULD wind up in Dallas. Stay tuned. IMO, he makes a better HC than a GM.

5. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

1: he earned $8M. Lot of dough but its way less than 10.

2: if you don't think the Browns are any better, you're wrong. Even though its not showing up in wins, the roster is much improved thanks to him and Heckert and they're playing tough in every game.

6. Chipper10

Chipper10 Back 2 Back! Roll Tide Roll!

Browns are better. They will get there.