Buccaneers Trade CB Aqib Talib To Patriots

Discussion in 'Tampa Bay Buccaneers' started by Sweets, Nov 1, 2012.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

The Buccaneers traded CB Aqib Talib to the Patriots, along with a 2013 seventh-round pick for New England's fourth-round pick in 2014.

Talib is serving a four-game suspension for violating the league’s substance-abuse policy for use of Adderall. He is eligible to return to an active roster on Nov. 4. The Patriots are on bye this week.

In his four games this season, Talib has 21 tackles, seven passes defensed and one interception.

Source: ProFootball Weekly

Last edited: Nov 2, 2012
  2. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Damn you Belichick. Damn you.

3. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

He'll be off that team in a few days with the rate that he hecks up.

4. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

that is wild. another reclamation project?

5. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Low risk high reward potential. Classic pats move.

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

Steve summed it up...it's a classic Belichick/Patriots move...

7. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

wonder if this will pan out

8. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

He and/or his mom will probably just shoot someone again

9. Honestly I loved the guy when the Buccaneers drafted him, I thought Ronde Barber and Aqib Talib would had become one of the finest cornerback tandem's in the NFL.

Good luck to the guy, he has got to stay out of trouble.

10. Cletusaurus

Cletusaurus YES! YES! YES!

I'm a fan of this trade. Not just because I'm a Kansas guy and loved Talib in Lawrence, but because he just brought some attitude to an awful secondary. Having two former first-round picks lining up together like we have now with him and McCourty is something not many teams can boast. The lineup gets interesting now- Dennard has been playing well, does he get moved to the slot and Arrington/Marquice Cole platoon in the dime? Does Dennard start on the outside with Talib and McCourty moves permanently to safety in a rotation with Chung/Wilson/Gregory/Ebner? Will be very interesting to see how Belichick manages things now.

11. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

talib probably could have had a much more successful nfl career if he wasn't such a head case.

12. CStevenson13

CStevenson13 1st Stringer

I thinkits a good gamble for the Pats, shores up two spots because i think they go ahead and play Mccourty at S w/Talib and Dennard at corner. The Pats stop the run pretty well and Chandler Jones has brought it as a pass rusher, now they have a guy that at the very least can be a solid man and press man guy. This move could be huge in the end.

13. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

What was the last reclamation project that actually worked? Corey Dillon?

14. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

randy moss worked out very well for a couple years.

15. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

well, wait a minute. i'm not sure i'm comfortable putting Talib in the same conversation as the Dillon and Moss moves, which had HIGH reward potentials.

Talib has NEVER been as dominant at his position as Dillon and Moss were at theirs. Even when Talib's head 'seemed' to be screwed on straight, he was just an 'ok' #1 cornerback. Dillon and Moss were the BEST at their positions prior to joining the Patriots so it was just a matter of keeping them mentally stable.

on the risk/reward meter, this would be LOW risk/MEDIUM reward because he's a FA after this season so they don't need to eat a bunch of money but Talib has never shown any ability to be dominant at his position so we can't call it HIGH reward.

16. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

[ame=http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-around-the-league/0ap2000000088582/Casserly-on-Talib-as-a-Patriot]Charley Casserly on Aqib Talib as a New England Patriot - NFL Videos[/ame]

17. SRW

[ame=http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/0ap2000000088584/Patriots-acquisition-of-Talib-surprises-many]New England Patriots' acquisition of Aqib Talib surprises many - NFL Videos[/ame]

18. SRW

[ame=http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-around-the-league/0ap2000000089337/Was-it-smart-to-trade-for-Aqib-Talib]Was it smart to trade for Aqib Talib? - NFL Videos[/ame]