Lions DT Ndamukong Suh Fined $30K, Says Kick To Groin Was Accident

Discussion in 'Detroit Lions' started by SRW, Nov 28, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

The NFL chose not to suspend defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh for his Thanksgiving Day kick to the groin of Texans quarterback Matt Schaub but Suh didn't escape without punishment: CBSSports.com's Mike Freeman reports that Suh was fined $30,000.

Suh, who spoke to reporters Wednesday for the first time since the incident, has no plans to apologize to Schaub.

"It's a crazy play," Suh said via MLive.com. "It's one that unfortunately happened. I didn't even realize until the end of the game and I see my Twitter feed, I have my friends tell me about it. Other than that, I can't do much more about it. I was being dragged to the ground and my foot inadvertently hit the man. It's over with. I'm moving forward, getting ready to play the Colts. ...

"I think I'm always going to be punished in some form or fashion for last Thanksgiving," he continued. "I apologize for it, and I'm going to continue to apologize for it. It's something that happened, a mistake that I've made. I'm living up to it and continuing to move past it."

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell admitted that it was hard to determine intent and that, ultimately, is why Suh wasn't suspended.

"Intent is something that is very difficult for us to ever try to make a judgment on," Goodell told reporters Tuesday according to the Associated Press.

Earlier Tuesday, Lions coach Jim Schwartz said that he didn't expect Suh to be suspended.

“I wasn't at all surprised that it didn't warrant any kind of suspension or anything,â€￾ he said during a radio appearance. “Ndamukong, I think, has done an outstanding job of staying free of penalties this year. I think he's had one offside penalty the whole year. I think that's been very commendable on his part. And there's going to be a camera on him every single play. That's just life in the city when you're a player of his profile. And when that happens, there's going to be all kinds of things that people can interpret any way they want. I think that was one of those situations.â€￾

Source: CBS Sports

2. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

If Suh said it was an accident, then it must be true.

3. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

If you can't tell if there was intent how can he be fined?

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

Exactly...what a joke...

5. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Because they know he did it intentionally and they're just too cat to suspend him.

6. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

he don't want Suh appealing and having to face him. Something about Thanksgiving that Suh just don't like.

7. marty264

marty264 Team Veteran

Maybe the kick to the groin was an accident. The kick wasn't, just the groin part.

Still doubt it.

8. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

listening to him trying to explain it away is freaking hilarious. Like hearing my nephew explain how 5 mp3 players got into his pocket.

9. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

If the league say it was an accident, I wouldn't pay the fine.....

10. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

just shut up Suh. you are a worthless human being.

11. 86WARD

86WARD -

So true...

12. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

So Suh is saying that groin kick was an accident but WON'T apologize to Matt Schaub? What a dirt bag Suh is.

13. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Rich and the brains of a box of rocks...

14. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

:rollinglaugh: