Saints QB Drew Brees Says Roger Goodell Has Little To No Credibility With NFL Players

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints' started by Sweets, Dec 12, 2012.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees on Wednesday strongly criticized the way NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell handled the investigation into the bounty case, saying the league was all about an outcome and not a fair process, the New Orleans Times-Picayune reports.

Brees said he wants the league to be held accountable and that Goodell has has "little to no credibility" with NFL players right now.

Brees said he hates to sound like "conspiracy theorist" but said since former Commissioner Paul Tagliabue has been involved the process has been very "staged," like, 'how do we get out of this mess?'"

Brees said he thinks punishments against coaches, organization were still too much.

Brees referred to the league's primary two witnesses, former defensive coordinator Gregg Williams and defensive assistant Mike Cerullo as "two guys who were fired from here because they didn't fit the mold" and he questioned where the two are "mentally" at this point.

Brees said he doesn't feel it's just to base entire case on the two assistants' claims.

When asked if he thought the season was stolen, Brees said: "Many might say that, but I'm not one to make excuses."

Source: The Redzone

2. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Yup the yapping lil lap dog by the name of Brees is still barking the same ole song...Roger works for the owners ya dope not the players so having no credibility with the players isn't keeping Roger up at night.

3. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

all this Saints hate is tremendous.

4. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

This. I'm happy that the Saints players has stood up to Roger Goodell's iron fist rule, and this whole saga has painted the NFL to be nothing but a tin pot corrupt dictatorship that had to use jilted ex-employees, ambiguous "evidence" and media smear campaigns to get whatever point they are trying to get across through.

Either way, I find it repulsing by how void of integrity the NFL has been operating under Goodell, and with every step he makes he's rotting the core of professional football.

5. Buck Fenson

if there was concrete evidence stating that the players were pooling money to injure people then I would be the first in line deploring the actions even though I am a huge Saints fan. This has no place in the league. Even though I don't agree with the players being friendly before the game, that wouldn't happen back in the 70's or even the early 80's. But there has been no published evidence saying that X player got X amount of money for injuring X player. All they got was statements from two ex coaches that was either already fired or on their way out. That may satisfy the criteria for some folks. And to those I hope you are never on my jury if I ever go to court. I, personally, am getting tired of hearing about this and I wish it would go away but Vilma, who is respected around the league, is still pursuing the lawsuit. You may think of him as a thug but football is not played by a bunch of pussies. You have to have some testosterone flowing through your body in order to run around and slam into another person for 60 minutes. And Brees is not taking this laying down like some punk butt snitch. Again, if you want to take a bullcrap charge like a punk then that is your right. But what is done is done. Nothing can be changed regarding this season. I bet if it was your team getting hecked over by Godell, you would be raising hell but it isn't so heck it. If your team was getting hecked over and your qb never said anything you would be lambasting him. Questioning his heritage and stuff. Other teams admitted they did the same thing and nothing happened to them. If you was to set an example then say so. Don't make up some bullcrap and try to sell it as cheesecake. I am in the minority here but I am always in the minority so I don't care. Wonder what happened to the wiretapping bullcrap that they was so hot and heavy over. There were "witnesses" there also but a REAL investigation took place by the State Police and nothing else was said. And the Vicodin case has also fizzled out. Now if you want to believe just because you are closed minded and just want to hate then feel free. Take care!!!!!

6. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

[ame=http://www.nfl.com/videos/new-orleans-saints/0ap2000000110413/Brees-This-was-some-serious-vindication]New Orleans QB Drew Brees: 'This was some serious vindication' - NFL Videos[/ame]

7. lambertjr

lambertjr FNG

One thing that Brees said that I'm almost positive everyone else here would agree with and that's the NFL releasing all testimony and evidence publicily so we can put this to bed.
    My guess is that will never happen because it could very well open the NFL up to some substantial civil lawsuits.

8. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Why should they prove anything to the fans??? I mean really...only the people involved should be privy to that not the fans, fanatics or casual it's really none of our business no matter how much others want to know...

9. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I love the Saints players coming out and saying things like this. Roger is backpedaling as he has no choice. He should be talked about openly and honestly when he did not do the right things based on the proof presented to him.

10. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

Either way you run it, Ol' Rog may have little to no cred with players but let's be real, how much does he have with the fans? He keeps freaking with the product and not for the better. Sooner or later they're going to roll a 20 sided dice to figure out where they start on the field instead of kick offs.

11. codatious99

codatious99 cheese head

this

as far as expansion and maybe adding games to the regular season or adding teams to the playoffs i see it as an inevitable thing time keeps on tickin

but changing all these player safety rules and kicks offs and blah blah challenge flag rules bullcrap blah is freaking up the game of football imo
    maybe this is inevitable too idk

12. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

because someone is flat out lying and a franchise lost it's coach and season....like buck said, if this happened to other fans team you would all be raising hell too.

Tags confirmed it.....no money was ever found to be at the Defensive players meeting the night before the NFC Champ game, as Tags put it. This means the existence of physical money at the meeting was denied by those at the hearings including Cerrulo. According to Cerrulo the NFL "misinterpreted" him in previous hearings and he never collected any money. That is quite a misinterpretation, how do you go from never actually seeing or collecting money to he was waiving two five stacks and I collected it? Someone is lying here, either the NFL or Cerrulo and we as fans deserve to know who that is. We also have Cerrulo admitting he had an axe to grind which lead to him coming forward.

13. Fez

Fez Chicharooney!!!

When will people start asking Brees to be accountable for his stupid holdout? Why didn't he step up in a leadership role when the Aints were a mess in the offseason and instead kept hurting the team with his greed?

14. Buck Fenson

all players hold out for their money. he didn't miss any game time. he knows this is his last contract or there about and he wants his. but as usual, when someone gets a huge payday they usually have an off year. as to league rules, if you don't have a contract you are not allowed to participate in team activities that is why he wasn't there. and do you really think that would have made a difference?

15. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

Goodell has no credibility? Wow what a shocker there.