Will Adrian Peterson Set Rushing Record?

Discussion in 'Minnesota Vikings' started by SRW, Dec 16, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

[ame=http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/0ap2000000111375/Will-Adrian-Peterson-set-rushing-record]Will Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson set rushing record? - NFL Videos[/ame]

2. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

i've heard a lot of discussion about this topic this week. not sure if he will break it but at this point it's hard to doubt him doing it

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

I'd love to see him do it after the injury he suffered last season. Would be something else if he broke it and Megatron broke the receiving record in the same season.

4. CaptainStubing

well, from a logical, common sense standpoint, what A.P. is doing is not possible. Physically, this shouldn't be happening and that's what makes all of this somewhat unbelievable.

and the amazing part is that in a normal year Peyton Manning would have been the runaway comeback player of the year, but he's probably not going to win it because of what A.P. has done.

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

I tend to agree with you that Peterson should win it, but Manning is a media darling and a QB...I think he'll take that award from Adrian...

If I were voting I'd vote Peterson...

6. CaptainStubing

maybe a.p. will get cpoy and manning will get mvp /?

7. SRW

If he ends up breaking the rushing record, should he still not win the MVP over Manning?

8. 86WARD

86WARD -

i think so...but it's Peyton Manning...

edit: Not MVP, comeback player...he doesn't have MVP numbers that would vault him over Peyton.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2012
  9. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

If he breaks the rushing record or crap he's going to rush for 2,000 yards I think he's going to set that crap somewhere unreachable and he tore his ACL last year, he's a freaking freak of nature if he does that he wins MVP and CPOY no questions asked I love Peyton Manning and I think he's had a fantastic year but A.D. has been unbelievable this year and after coming back from an injury that can really stop a runningbacks career short.

10. 86WARD

86WARD -

lol...I think he's going to crush it...120 yards at the half...if he can put up 200 today, that leaves him 200 away with 2 games to go.

However, neck surgeries...neck surgeries...

11. CaptainStubing

eh, i think mvp needs to be reserved for an amazing season performance that IMPACTS their team greatly into winning more games ............ running backs just don't have as much of an effect on a team's success as QB's so a great performance by a QB always trumps a great performance by a RB

12. SRW

How could anyone compete with a skill position that touches the ball on every play? It's a QB league and it's a QB award. The last non-QB to win it was Tomlinson in '06.

13. 86WARD

86WARD -

Peterson doesn't have the TD #'s to do MVP...

Tomlinson had 1800+ and 28 TDs.

14. CaptainStubing

it almost makes you think that maybe they should have a separate 'non-qb' league MVP ........... then more rb's, wr's, or even a defensive player could be recognized.

15. VikingsFan28

VikingsFan28 Wherever Alex Morgan is

Are you serious? Adrian Peterson is the only reason the vikings have a shot of making the playoffs. We might get into the playoffs with CHRISTIAN PONDER as QB

Peyton Manning is not even the best QB in the league and the only reason the Broncos have had such a good season is because they play teams like the Chiefs, Raiders, and Chargers twice. Broncos have shown nothing impressive against playoff teams

Anyone who doesn't believe Adrian should win MVP should stop watching football

16. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

I take it if I threw Brady's name in the MVP hat I'd be run out of here? lol.

Peterson is a better MVP candidate, but I like Manning as comeback player.

17. CaptainStubing

impressive homerism dude. this might be a candidate for Homer post of 2012

18. 86WARD

86WARD -

Not at all. Brady should be in the conversation. Maybe better odds on him winning it than Peyton or Peterson.

19. SRW

Brady's hat got thrown back out tonight. :blackeye:

20. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Yes it did. No denying that.