Bears LB Brian Urlacher Says He Doesn't Care About Fans Or Media

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by Sweets, Dec 17, 2012.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Brian Urlacher is sidelined by injury, but the Chicago Bears linebacker was quick to rally to the defense of coach Lovie Smith after Sunday's 21-13 loss to the Green Bay Packers, the Chicago Tribune reports.

Appearing Sunday night with sports anchor Lou Canellis on WFLD-Ch. 32, Urlacher bristled when told that fans and the media were being critical of Smith.

"Two of the people I don't care about: fans or media," Urlacher said. "They can say what they want to about our head coach, about our players. ... It does bother me. They don't know what they're talking about, obviously.

"I know there are a lot of experts in the media, a bunch of smart guys out there who know exactly what they're talking about all the time. They don't know what they're talking about. Lovie is the head coach of this football team and hopefully will be for a long time."

Urlacher said Smith retains the respect of his players for the way he keeps his cool during trying times.

"He's not going to call a player out in front of the people, he'll do it privately, which is the way it should be handled," Urlacher said. "He's not one of those coaches who's going to go out there and yell and scream at you. That's just not his style and we appreciate that. We know when it's time to play, we just haven't played well. It's not his fault we haven't played well. He can't get out there and do it for us, we have to do it ourselves."

Source: The Redzone

2. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

way to endear yourself to a concerned fanbase Brian ..............

3. URL54MVP

URL54MVP Pro Bowler

Brian is your classic meathead jock. He literally just says what he thinks and doesn't give a crap what people think about it. It is what it is. I think his statements were misguided but I know he is frustrated and pissed at being injured and the Bears recent free fall.

4. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Dumb thing #2 Urlacher has said this season. Great way to crap on the people that REALLY pay your salary. Good going Brian.

5. CaptainStubing

i understand Brian is a very intense, 'team first' kind of guy but he's a veteran in this league ........... he should always remember who pays his salary and watch his words.

6. AdiBear

AdiBear 1st Stringer

Lovie said after Wednesdays practice that 'of course Brian loves the fans'
    Urlc said if Da Bears don't win the Superbowl he will be back for another...

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

More that he doesn't care what they say...not that he doesn't care for them.

8. CaptainStubing

yes, that's what he meant. he just didn't say it very well at all and he should know better

9. 86WARD

86WARD -

agree

10. URL54MVP

URL54MVP Pro Bowler

The entire thing was kind of taken out of context too. Brian was hot about people trash talking Lovie. I think what he was really saying is that he doesn't care what the fans or media say about his coach, not that he doesn't care for the fans in general.

11. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

I can't wait for the sound bytes that will be coming out of Chicago if they drop the game vs the Cards.

12. CaptainStubing

yep, it has been a rough stretch for the bears. you can feel them puckering up big time.

13. SRW

I really believe this is a team who knows it's window is closing fast. Some of these guys will go down, but they are going to go kicking and screaming.

14. AdiBear

AdiBear 1st Stringer

If we lose to the cards,Lovie will be gone at seasons end.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

15. SRW

Bears take care of business this week. Will it be too little too late though?

16. AdiBear

AdiBear 1st Stringer

I can see the pack letting the Vikings win so we don't get in

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

17. SRW

I dunno, if I was the Pack i'd rather take on the Bears than the Vikings in the playoffs. The Bears are hurting all over their roster.