Would Norv Turner Be A Good Fit If Bruce Arians Leaves The Colts?

Discussion in 'Indianapolis Colts' started by SRW, Dec 22, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

As much-deserved attention and praise continues to be directed at Colts interim head coach Bruce Arians, the chatter is growing louder that he could get his first full-time head-coaching opportunity after the season. Arians, we’re told, would jump at the opportunity, potentially leaving the Colts with a big void to fill. This is extremely speculative at this point, but, if the Colts are in the market for a new coordinator after the season, Pro Football Weekly hears that Chargers head coach Norv Turner would be someone to keep an eye on were he to get fired, as rumored. Turner is a proven offensive mind and play-caller who would be a great fit with Andrew Luck.

Source: Pro Football Weekly

2. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

Norv is a great OC,but an awful head coach!

3. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

yep, norv could be a good o.c. in indy

4. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

IMO and I could be completely wrong about this but it seems like whoever is realllllllly good as a DC or and OC who makes the leap to HC just isn't as great as people think their going to be.

5. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

well, granted, a lot of times they flop but coordinators are still the best option for h.c.'s............. belichick, cowher, payton, tomlin, mccarthy, dungy, gruden, billick, ............... in fact, i think coughlin is the only SB winning h.c. over the past 12 super bowls who wasn't a coordinator at some point prior to being an h.c. and most of them were considered really good coordinators and that's why they got an h.c. job.

6. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

I stand corrected.

7. SRW

Turner's got the goods to be a top notch OC wherever he goes. I just don't think he has the stones to be a top man.

8. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

He is Wade Phillips Offensive twin

Sent from my HTC Vivid

9. SRW

Yeah no joke. Throw them together with Marty Schottenheimer and you might have a winner.....or not.