Brandon Marshall Sets Bears Single-Season Record For Receiving Yards

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by SRW, Dec 23, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Brandon Marshall is in his first season in Chicago, but has already set two single-season records for the Bears. Two weeks ago, Marshall set the all-time receptions record, previously held by Marty Booker, and today, he passed Marcus Robinson for the most receiving yards in a season.

Jay Cutler's first completion against the Cardinals today came in the 2nd quarter: A 30-yard connection with Marshall, who now has 1,427 yards on the season. Robinson had 1,400 yards in the 1999 season.

New General Manager Phil Emery made a huge splash this past offseason, trading a 3rd-round draft pick to the Miami Dolphins to reunite Jay Cutler with his favorite wide receiver, and we are seeing the results of that decision on a weekly basis for Chicago.

Source: SBNation.com

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

I think a lot of us thought this would eventually happen...

3. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

He's the only receiver that ever gets targeted. Literally. I'm surprised it didn't happen 8 weeks ago.

4. misfitz

misfitz Dropping Twitter Bombs

Jay Cutlers first completed pass came in the 2nd quarter..............Lol i laughed and then looked at the stats and he was once again lackluster. If Cutler didnt have marshal he would have Sanchez numbers.

Literally Cutler has 1427 yards to Marshall and ~1200 to EVERYBODY ELSE. He has 10 TDs to Marshall and 7 to everybody else.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2012
  5. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

Do you understand anything about football, misfitz?

6. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

well marshall is his only good receiver i would target him alot to

7. AdiBear

AdiBear 1st Stringer

He didn't have a go to WR last years and he didn't have Sanchez #'s ...who else do we have that Cutler can rely on...AJ and Bennett have both been injured for the most part of the season..we don't have a good TE ( Martz did that) for him to throw to,so his only reliable weapon is Marshall..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

8. SRW

That Alshon Jeffery is going to be money for them, you watch.

9. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Completely agree. He's got crazy talent and size. Plus learning under Marshall is going to be huge for him. In 2 years he'll be a monster.

10. SRW

Add a TE and a #3 receiver who isn't Devin Hester and you got the weapons to work. Get some mid round picks along the o-line.

11. Tarkus

Shame there isn't a ' love' button besides a 'like' cuz that post warrants one...

:icon_smile:

12. SRW

SRW for GM!

13. Tarkus

I'm in... :icon_smile:

Just get in some intense training. Lotta bobbing/weaving with a ton of straight rights. Virginia McCaskey's a tough old snitch.

P.S. Don't forget to bring back the Honey Bears.......first.

[​IMG]

14. SRW

I will deem these uniforms not skimpy enough on my first day:

[​IMG]

Take that Virginia.

15. Tarkus

Damn...

You're a visionary too. :icon_smile:

16. AdiBear

AdiBear 1st Stringer

count me in....:icon_cheesygrin:

anything is better than a stuffed Bear...

[​IMG]

17. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

18. SRW

That a chupacabra??? :icon_eek:

19. Tarkus

Yer just an evil man, Cap'n... :icon_smile:

20. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

it's pedobear ........... i thought everyone knew who pedobear is? :scratch:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoSd0fUDaLE]The Pedo Bear Song - YouTube[/ame]