Chip Kelly "Will Not Be The Next Cleveland Browns Coach''

Discussion in 'Cleveland Browns' started by SRW, Jan 6, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Oregon's Chip Kelly will not be the next Cleveland Browns coach, according to ESPN's Chris Mortensen.

Sports Illustrated's Peter King also reported that Kelly will choose between the Eagles or going back to Oregon.

Last year, Kelly left the Tampa Bay Bucs at the altar after going deep into negotiations.

As first reported by Jason Cole of Yahoo.com, Browns owner Jimmy Haslam and CEO Joe Banner packed up and flew home today from Arizona without an answer from Kelly, their top candidate for their head coaching vacancy.

Mortensen said the Browns will reboot and restart their coaching search without Kelly, 49, who's been scratched off the list.

Source: Cleveland Plain Dealer

2. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

so, did kelly refuse the browns or did the browns refuse kelly once they realized he didn't know crap about the nfl ............

3. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

There you have it

4. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

I would say the latter.

5. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

I've heard speculation that he's more interested in leveraging these interviews into a better deal with Oregon. Either way I'm not too heartbroken here, just wondering where the Browns go next.

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

Shoot...I was hoping the Browns would go there...

7. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Come on now.

8. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

If he's got a brain, he'll stay in Oregon. He'l get destroyed if he goes to Philly and will eventually amble his way back into College football, stay where you're good.

9. CaptainStubing

not if he is about to get serious sanctions, which is the rumor. he won't be able to do much for several years if he stays with the sanctions.

10. SeanTaylor21

Think he's gonna jump ship at the right time like Petey did at USC?

11. CaptainStubing

well, i kept hearing that oregon was about to get the hammer but i'm not sure if it's actually going to happen or not. if chip feels it is going to happen, i wouldn't blame him for leaving.

12. SeanTaylor21

Oh yeah I feel ya on that. I could see Kelly not even wanting the Browns situation though, probably go to a team he thinks is okay, and go there. I mean yes the Eagles have holes, but I could see him there, or even in AZ.

13. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Even if they get sanctioned I don't think it's going to be anything major, and if anything going back and keeping a successful team through sanctions could benefit Kelly and boost his reputation for future jobs.

14. CaptainStubing

that only happens IF he could actually do it

15. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Kiffin did it, and I doubt Oregons going to get hammered as hard as SC.

16. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Word is Joe Banner's douchebaggery turned off Chip Kelly.

17. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Well, he is a Banner. Not a guy you'd like when he's mad, more than likely.

18. CaptainStubing

are you talking about lane kiffin? SC has been a disaster since their sanctions ..... it's actually somewhat surprising Lane still has a job at SC ............

19. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Theyve hardly been a disaster. This last season was a dissapointment, but having 3 winning seasons and a #5 ranking in 2011 while operating under heavy sanctions is pretty good if you ask me.

20. CaptainStubing

well, you and i may think lane has done an admirable job but most people don't see it that way.......... barely qualifying for a bowl game in 2 of 3 seasons is not what SC people are used to .............. and kelly's reputation would take a big hit going from contention for a BCS title every year to sometimes being a borderline bowl team. perception is reality and i'm just saying people will look at his record sinking and perceive that he's not as good as we thought, sanctions or not.