NFLPA Hopes Redskins Will Upgrade FedEx Turf

Discussion in 'Washington Redskins' started by Sweets, Jan 10, 2013.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

The NFL Players Association is calling for an upgrade to the natural grass field at the Washington Redskins' home stadium, in the wake of the NFC wild-card playoff game on Sunday that saw Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III and Seattle Seahawks defensive end Chris Clemons suffer torn knee ligaments, Jarrett Bell of USA Today reports.

The condition of the field drew sharp criticism from Seahawks coach Pete Carroll and several players, but passed the league's certification standards.

"The head coach and players have said themselves that the field was not up to snuff," NFLPA spokesman George Atallah told USA TODAY Sports on Wednesday. "We certainly hope that they upgrade it."

Seahawks fullback Michael Robinson pointed a finger at the league.

"The commissioner, and I know it's a tough job, but he doesn't mandate mouthpieces. You care about us, but you don't mandate mouthpieces. You care about us, but we play on that field last week that was like, 'Really? Really?'

"That should be illegal. That's like working in a sweat shop to me."

The NFLPA conducts an annual survey of NFL playing fields, but has yet to reveal its findings for this season. In its most recent survey, released before last year's Super Bowl, Atallah said that FedEx Field ranked in the middle of the pack.

"Things seem to have gotten worse since then," Atallah said.

Source: The Redzone

Last edited: Jan 10, 2013
  2. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

To be totally honest,this field has been total and complete crap the last three years.the only reason folks are finally gonna do something about it now is because rg3 tore his knee up on it,bit adrian peterson messed his knee up here in december 2011,and 2 quarters before rg3,chris clemons tore his knee up at the same end of the field. maybe snyder will get off his butt and fix the problems on the field that have been there so long,i'm just pissed cause it has taken so long!

3. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

Too bad Daniel Snyder is the cheapest and craptiest owner around. God I hate Dan Snyder.

4. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

He ain't the cheapest,ralph wilson is the cheapest by far.i used to dislike him,but he taken a huge step back when he hired shanahan,so at least he's trying.

5. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

6. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Any turf from The Vet still around?

7. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

I Actually think the turf from the vet was a huge improvement over the crap at fed ex!
    RFK was a wicked old stadium,but the field there when the redskins played there was great. It is in snider's interest to get this fixed asap not just for the skins,but for the college teams who play there or are even thinking about it!

8. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

I couldn't find anything about Wilson selling rancid peanuts from a defunct airline to make a couple extra bucks

9. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

Unlike you,i did not crawl up the guys butt with a telescope to see everything good or bad he has ever done! for all i know,snider can stump heck midgets in his spare time,but he is not a cheap bastard,he has signed a lot of crapty free agents in the past who he paid a lot of money too,that were awful players when you come down to it,but cheap? get real man!
    and what the hell does selling rancid peanuts have to do with football? and just because he owns the company or is it's ceo,how do you know he told people to do that?

Last edited: Jan 10, 2013
  10. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

I'm not gonna argue with you about it, I just think he's a douchebag. Maybe the douchiest. There's tons of crap out there about him, and a lot of it is almost comically terrible, like thinking he could sell mattresses at the stadium during games. And you're right about them spending craploads of money on horrible contracts.

To my original point, I do think he's more likely than most to be like "heck the NFLPA they can't tell me to replace the god**mn field."

11. misfitz

misfitz Dropping Twitter Bombs

Before Jed York took over Football operations for the 49ers John York was a very cheap owner and would charge players for bottles of water.

12. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

outside of football,i don't know what he does,but with respect to signing players,he ain't cheap!

I Remember a few years back,eric mangini charged a player 1,000 k for a bottle of water at the team hotel!

13. smeags

smeags militant geek

actually the notion that snyder isnt cheap because he signs players to ridiculous contracts is flawed. very flawed.

most of those players never saw a majority of the contract money as snyder was notorious for signing deals that were heavily backloaded. so yeah, he's very cheap plus the stuff he does outside of the team proves it further.

you can only tailgate 4hrs at fed ex and it has ZERO to do with controlling intoxicated fans. it's about paying less to security while he charges twice the amount to park. he also provides 1/5 the porta pots that the eagles do.

he charges fans to watch training camp practices too.

14. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

still does'nt mean he is cheap! i can say some crapty things that the city of philadelphia to visiting fans at LFF,like harass the hell out of them for being out of towners, or what a few of the eagles fans say to visiting fans,but i don't judge you all on the few buttholes who run their mouths in the parking lot!

15. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

Those things don't compare to each other. And yes, he is a cheap bastard. Nobody's trying to "judge" you or the Redskins franchise, the point is their owner sucks all around and that relates to whether or not he'll listen to outside requests to make a stadium upgrade.

16. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

He has no choice but to fix the stadium,it is just good business! and he is a good businessman if nothing else! If i were adrian peterson or chris clemons,i'd sue snyder over the condition of the field if not for myself for all the other players in college,pro and the ocassional high school team that plays at fed ex field.

17. smeags

smeags militant geek

true, it shows he's greedy bastard on top of being cheap.

not sure what your 2nd part has to do with the conversation but ok.

18. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

Well, can't you sort of see why he would backload the contract? So that they wouldn't have to pay them an enormous amount of money if they ended up being crapty? But yes Daniel Snyder is a freaking greedy cheap freaking scumbag and I hate him..I don't see how these people can post these facts that are kinda ridiculous and you can still say he isn't cheap.

19. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

Finally a little backup, lol