The Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by smeags, Aug 27, 2007.

1. smeags

smeags militant geek

Spurrier part 2

2. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

i almost feel sorry for you guys....... and it's hard to feel sorry for eagles fans. :cheesygrin: you've probably got a couple of wasted years ahead and then rebuilding.

3. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Meh. Many will talk crap, but I'll save any significant criticism till after we figure out who the OC and DC are going to be.

4. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

he could definitely prove a lot of us wrong. time will tell.

5. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

Apparently. Took me off guard.

I doubt it. I think everyone's Mock Draft selection of Geno Smith is all but a lock now unless KC takes him. We're going to see a SF/Seattle/Washington type offense here. Or Chip will wait for Mariotta to come out and we'll hang with Vick til then. Either way I'm not quite as happy as I thought I'd be with Gus or Lovie, but I'll give him a shot. Needed something different and definitely got that. I just don't like how he told the Ducks he wasn't going to take it and then BAM, took it. Makes me think a little too much of Petrino. Here's hoping not.

6. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

McCoy probably has a boner over this hiring.

7. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

I bet Desean is right there with him.

8. smeags

smeags militant geek

No way should smith be taken at 4

9. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Or Saban.

And, I don't like Geno Smith at 4, either.

10. smeags

smeags militant geek

Ibhave doubts on kelly but the eagles got the guy they wanted. I'll give him a chance.

11. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

ima stay positive go chip lol

12. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

13. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

I think I'm warming up to the idea of Geno Smith. I didn't realize how good of a QB he actually is. Looking at his numbers in college he's never thrown more than 7 picks in a season and his TD's went up a lot. From 24 to 31 to 42. I wouldn't be completely opposed to him being our QB of the future.

14. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

15. DawkinsINT

Even though I would prefer someone with more NFL experience at DC, Smart doesn't seem like a bad choice.

This afternoon I tuned into 97.5, and Mikey Miss was in the middle of a conversation with Dawk about the possibility of moving Nhamdi to safety next season. Not sure where that was coming from, but I agreed with their assessments that he doesn't tackle well enough for safety. Dawk also stated that his main problems were with technique that can be corrected. I sure hope so.

Also...apparently last night Kelly slipped something about Dawk coming in and helping with the team, in an unknown capacity. That would be freaking awesome! :buttrock:

16. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

How Dawk hasn't been on the payroll in some fashion is a damn travesty. He would have so much to contribute.

Nnamdi at safety, I don't like it.

17. DawkinsINT

I'm pretty sure it's been his choice the entire time. He's wanted to spend time with family. I don't think it's going to be a full-time position if he joins the team. Perhaps something during camp. Anything he can do to show what a real professional is like, I'll take.

18. smeags

smeags militant geek

If you can get the sounds bites from when kelly went to the award dinner honoring dawk its worth the listen. Its obvious kelly understands this fanbase and knows the history of this tean.

19. DawkinsINT

I was hoping it would be on 97.5's website, but it's not.

I find myself a lot more impatient about getting a DC than I was a HC. Jeff Mosher said they may be looking into Ed Donatell, but he's a d-backs coach with the 49ers, so that may not happen for a couple of weeks if he's really their main target.

20. DawkinsINT

Also, Mikey Miss had a woman on the phone today who grabbed Chip's junk that night. She said he handled it well. I guess when you are an unmarried, non-dating 49 year old man, you take anything you can get. :icon_lol: