Lions WR Titus Young Tells Team To Cut Him, 'I'm Tired Of Threats'

Discussion in 'Detroit Lions' started by Sweets, Jan 25, 2013.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Detroit Lions receiver Titus Young Sr. continues to make a mockery of general manager Martin Mayhew and coach Jim Schwartz on his verified Twitter account, Anwar Richardson of Mlive reports.

In Young's latest blatant attempt to get released by the team, the receiver posted several thoughts on Twitter this morning.

"Oh I'm not done, if y'all going to cut me let me go. I'm tired of the threats"

Young later followed that Tweet with this thought:

"Never needed the money Give me a dollar and a ball bet I come back #HallofFame "

Earlier this week, Young lashed out on Twitter by threatening to never play football again and stated, "Like I said I never been selfish but if I'm not going to get the football i don't want to play anymore". Young followed that Tweet with this self-assessment: "Never have I ran the wrong route, just put my self where the ball was going"

Schwartz addressed Young's thoughts during the Senior Bowl in Mobile, but simply said there was more ground to cover.

"There are good ways to go about getting that and not so good ways about trying to get that done," Schwartz said. "This is a pretty good example on a not-so-good way."

Source: The Redzone

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

What a mess...

3. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe Anti-Social Networker

He might as well retire because I don't think any team will want to deal with him.

4. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

Maybe he doesn't realize that Al Davis is no longer a potential employer...& dead.

5. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe Anti-Social Networker

Jerry Jones might take him.

6. falloutboy14

falloutboy14 Rookie

They should put him on IR at the start of next year, and say his injury was strained tear ducts.

7. The Mullet

The Mullet Reptile Guru

:icon_cheesygrin:

8. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

Young is an idiot.

9. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

You act like you're the best receiver, they'll cut you man, not give two hecks.

10. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Talented WR, too bad he's got a selfish attitude right now. When you're on a team with Calvin Johnson, chances are you're not going to get as many passes thrown your way as you would like. So now Titus Young wants to be known as a QUITTER if the football isn't thrown his way? Go right ahead! This clown gets zero respect from me right now anyway.