Super Bowl XLVII: San Francisco 49ers Vs Baltimore Ravens (Sunday, Feb. 3rd, 2013)

Discussion in 'NFL Gameday' started by SRW, Jan 20, 2013.

?

Who Will Win Super Bowl XLVII?

1. San Francisco 49ers

18 vote(s)
    48.6%
  2. Baltimore Ravens

19 vote(s)
    51.4%
  1. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

They did'nt call that stuff all night for either team,so why would they change on that last drive? i saw holding twenty times on both sides on the offense and the defense,and none of them were called!

2. diesel

diesel HERE COMES THE BOOM!!!

Re: Super Bowl XLVII: San Francisco 49ers Vs Baltimore Ravens (Sunday, Feb. 3rd, 2013

(gulp)Congrats to ravens fans...but at same time we still own the 6..

3. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

The thing that pissed me off the most was that Goody didn't get the snap off in time when they had to call the timeout. Kaep had called for the ball twice and it would've been a TD. They had a design QB run with 2 blockers from the backfield, the perfect play call at that point, and had to go away from it. Then the pass play on the out route to Crab was a head scratcher of a call. The "hold" on Crab did suck, but they hadn't called they were letting stuff like that go the whole game.

4. ram29jackson

ram29jackson sports spectator

game was close at end but obviously the young QB didnt know what to do in the first half and the Ravens never lost the lead.

and he failed in the red zone at the end too. The kid wasnt "bad" but ultimately, his inexperience was a factor and did matter to the outcome of the game.

The Ravens had such a good lead ( as small as it was LOL) that they had points to spare at the end and still won and covered/beat the spread LOL

no doubt an SF fan or a bookie shut the power down :icon_cheesygrin:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 4, 2013
  5. ram29jackson

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

Congrats [MENTION=522]Mike S.[/MENTION] enjoy!

7. ram29jackson

8. MadMoxxiFavGun

MadMoxxiFavGun Going Crazy

seriously, who the heck is hiding? motherheckers gotta get up 5 am to go put in a 10 hour day. or at least i would have if i didnt have the flu:icon_rolleyes:

9. ram29jackson

as long as your job doesnt read this forum...?

10. codatious99

codatious99 cheese head

i bet there are tons of niners fans calling into work with the "flu" today lol

11. MadMoxxiFavGun

MadMoxxiFavGun Going Crazy

wouldnt even freaking matter if they did read this forum. the foreman knows i am truly sick.

12. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Congrats to the Raven fans here on GIF...

13. codatious99

codatious99 cheese head

14. Chipper10

Chipper10 Back 2 Back! Roll Tide Roll!

Congratulations, Ravens! Congrats to Ray Lewis. Glad to see him ride out with another Super Bowl.

15. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

i agree SRW. they kept rolling Kaep out all night on the short side of the field, which only reduces his options. The whole point of playing Kaep is to WIDEN your options and the roll out plays they kept calling did not work and were never going to work. And to call it there in that situation just killed them.

good posts Icecold. Very objective.

16. afjay

afjay Click. Clack.

Congrats Ravens. At least now I won't have to see Ray Lewis crying anymore. Niners made way too many mistakes in the first half and dug a hole that was just too big to climb out. They still had a chance to win in so I'm proud of them.

17. The Mullet

The Mullet Reptile Guru

Fine, I'll take that argument on the hold, though i think it's a refs job to make calls right, not miss them a long as it's consistent. How do you explain the holds on the punt? How is williams not kicked out when he his the ref? These "close calls" always seem to favor the teams with the best story lines, it's getting old.

18. codatious99

codatious99 cheese head

cant snitch about that safety

the holds on the punt which resulted in a safety
    flags would not have put more time back on the clock
    a rule to be debated

19. codatious99

codatious99 cheese head

two weeks of sb coverage ya and the niners had no storylines what so ever lol

20. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

Trust me, I hated that they didn't call the hold/PI, because they kept saying that Crab was pushing off... he was pushing off because he was BEING HELD!! If he had pushed off and the DB didn't have his hands on him.. please please PLEASE call offensive pass interference. I'm totally fine with that, because it would've been fair. But it's spilt milk at this point. Niners need to sign a true jump ball receiver in the draft/off season. And I'm salty about Randy Moss coming back or not, because I watched two major plays in the game where he gave NO effort towards the ball. On the interception, the ball was a little high but if he had jumped it would've at the least been a knock down and I truly think he could've caught it. And I saw him do it again in the second half.. never even lifts his arms up. I respect what he did all season with helping to develop everybody, blocking, etc. but those two plays were bulls***. I'll probably change my mind towards this in a couple weeks, but right now I'm really pissed about it, because that was one of the major plays that effected the outcome of the game. And getting the ball to the 5 yard line and can't get a touchdown.. don't run the ball once. Kaep said he audibled out because of the look, but I'm thinking if they're bringing pressure up the middle, Nata's not in the game.. run a draw. Any one of our running backs can run it up the gut and get yards after contact. Go power. That's our forte. Just didn't understand it