Bears WR/KR Devin Hester Wants A Fresh Start, Could Seek Trade

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by SRW, Feb 3, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Entering his eighth season, Bears wide receiver Devin Hester has one year left on his contract with a base salary of $1.85 million that would count $2.94 million against the salary cap. Although a part of him wants to remain with the Bears, he understands the reality of his diminishing role on offense, Vaughn McClure of the Chicago Tribune reports.

Hester, who caught a career-high 57 passes in 2009, saw his receptions dip to 23 (career-low 10.5 yards per catch) this season as Brandon Marshall (118 receptions) became the focal point of the offense. Hester felt totally ignored on offense, at times and his frustration mounted as his touches faded both during games and in practice.

"I'm going to try to get two or three more years in,'' Hester said Saturday. "I think I have that much left in me.

"At the same time, I think I do need a fresh start.''

The former second-round draft pick was asked if he would seek a trade.

"It's a possibility,'' he said. "I'm loyal to my team. But the fans and my teammates have to understand where I'm coming from.

"I don't want to walk away from this game with another season going the way it ended this year. … It might have to take a fresh start somewhere else.'

Source: The Redzone

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2013
  2. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Hell of a return man but dead weight at WR.

3. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

and is he really that great at returns anymore? i'm not sure i would give a 7th round pick for this guy at this point ...............

4. misfitz

misfitz Dropping Twitter Bombs

In other words he hates Jay Cutler.

5. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Dude for real don't be ignorant. That's not even close.

6. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

He probably wants a fresh start after the " retirement " talk after Lovie was fired.

7. groenator

groenator Rookie

I think is time for him to go back to his kick return or choose another team... As a WR - not so good.. we all know that....:)

8. AdiBear

AdiBear 1st Stringer

he is past his sell by date ..think he averaged 20 years returning the ball the last two seasons...and a WR he his not..