Olympic Sprinter Oscar Pistorius Charged With Murder Of His Girlfriend

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Sports' started by Sportsguy, Feb 14, 2013.

1. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

Paralympic superstar Oscar Pistorius was charged Thursday with the murder of his girlfriend, who was shot inside his home in South Africa, a stunning development in the life of a national hero known as Blade Runner for his high-tech artificial legs.

Reeva Steenkamp, a model who spoke out on Twitter against rape and abuse of women, was shot four times in the predawn hours in the house, in a gated community in the capital, Pretoria, police said.

Hours later after undergoing police questioning, Pistorius left a police station accompanied by officers. He looked down as photographers snapped pictures, the hood on his gray workout jacket pulled up, covering most of his face. His court hearing was originally scheduled for Thursday afternoon but has been postponed until Friday to give forensic investigators time to carry out their work, said Medupe Simasiku, a spokesman for the prosecution.

South Africans were shocked at the killing. But while Pistorius captured the nation's attention with his Olympic quest, police said there was a recent history of problems involving him. Police spokeswoman Brigadier Denise Beukes said the incidents included "allegations of a domestic nature."

Source: ESPN

2. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Po' little tink tink.

3. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

I thought exactly this earlier

Tinktinktinktink

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

Hearing it may have been an "accident."

5. cpgobrowns

cpgobrowns < Deer/Headlights

Crap, if this thing goes to trial, he doesn't have a leg to stand on.

6. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

You son of a snitch :Loco:

7. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

This has my vote for post I the year!

8. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

This gives new meaning to the Nike ad he made where he said, "I am the bullet in the chamber." BTW, if you look for that ad on YouTube, it's already been taken off of the Web site.

On a side note, what's wrong with Nike and their clients getting in trouble? Tiger, Armstrong, Paterno, and now Pistorius.

9. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe Anti-Social Networker

10. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

It's because they are all black! The man trying to keep them down!

11. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

I was on ESPN earlier reading about this. Sad for the girl's family.

12. ragman

I think he's guilty. I heard this morning that the police have been called to their house on several occasions for domestic disturbances.

13. ragman

Here's something you may not know. Did anyone know that in South Africa, where the murder took place, there is no jury. Just a judge.

14. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

IDGAF^

15. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Title should say Special Olympic Sprinter

I thought he was a real guy for a second

Sent from my HTC Vivid

16. ragman

You obviously do, or you wouldn't have read my post.

I heard this morning that police found a bloody cricket bat at the house. Looks like he beat her with the cricket bat. She ran into the bathroom and locked herself in. He got a gun and fired through the door, hitting her four times.

Police also found some roids. When the smoke clears, I think this will go down as a combination drunken/roid rage murder.

Before this happened, his nickname was Blade Runner. Now, his new nickname is Blade Gunner.

17. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

i don't know these people .......... never heard of them. seems like just another murder to me.

18. ragman

Just saw on CNN.com that the judge has set bail at $1 million rand, which is about $114,000 in American dollars.

19. ragman

For anyone who did not hear the news today, Oscar Pistorius was found not guilty of premeditated murder in his murder trial. The judge said that the prosecution did have enough evidence to convict. However, Pistorius can still be found guilty of culpable homicide. The judge will give his ruling on that tomorrow. If found guilty of that, Pistorius could spend 15 years in prison.

Stay tuned.

20. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Well, he avoided live in prison...it's something.

The more I read about this case, the weirder and weirder I find it...