WR Mike Wallace, Dolphins Agree On 5-Year Contract

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins' started by Sweets, Mar 12, 2013.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Mike Wallace repeatedly has been linked to the Miami Dolphins, and now the wide receiver officially is headed to South Beach.

NFL.com's Jeff Darlington reported Tuesday on NFL Network that Wallace and the Dolphins have agreed to a contract. Wallace is expected at the Dolphins' facility at 6 p.m. ET to sign the contract, Darlington reported.

NFL.com's Aditi Kinkhabwala earlier told NFL Network's Rich Eisen that Wallace is in Miami meeting with the Dolphins organization.

Kinkhabwala told NFL Network that Wallace will be a Dolphin by the end of the day once team doctors clear him.

Source: NFL.com

Last edited: Mar 13, 2013
  2. 86WARD

86WARD -

Clayton is reporting 5-Year, $65M...lol.

Who said he wouldn't get $10M? They were right...he got much more...

Wow.

3. codatious99

codatious99 cheese head

pay the man

4. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

I've got mixed feelings, while he is expensive, he changes Miami's offense.

5. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

All depends on the guarantees...

6. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

7. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

So it's probably more like 3 years $30 mil..

8. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

That was me lol. I guess there's no accounting for stupidity, I certainly don't feel he's WORTH 13 mil a year...but I'm not Miami, obviously.

9. mtzninersfan

mtzninersfan 1st Stringer

Yes you under estimated the market for not accounting for overpaying teams. Then again who knows maybe he'll be big for them.

10. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

wow.

well the steelers dropped the ball on this one, hes going to make hartline a better player and let bess eat up the slot.

11. 86WARD

86WARD -

Definitely not worth it and the funny thing is most of the "insiders" and several GMs in the league think that the Dolphins were pretty much bidding against themselves here.

12. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

wow.

well the steelers dropped the ball on this one, hes going to make hartline a better player and let bess eat up the slot.

13. 86WARD

86WARD -

Steelers drop the ball here. Wallace dropped it from September to December.

That money is silly though. Not near worth it.

14. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Dez is gonna cost us 13 million a year now at least

Sent from my HTC Vivid

15. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Crabtrees going to want 15 in '15.

16. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Now if you were to trade the 31st pick for a certain restricted FA WR like a certain sage poster had suggested, you can let him walk and not even worry about it

17. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Should make Tannehill happy, regardless of the money.

18. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

well, he got his $13 mill/yr. the phins overpaid for him but they have tons of cap space so it doesn't really matter.

19. 86WARD

86WARD -

It does actually ... Cause it hecks up the cap for the next guy and the league. It's the old Al Davis type contract.

20. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

eh, miami is in the same boat as buffalo, cleveland and places like that .......... they aren't the most appealing places so the teams have to pay extra. of course it's going to eat cap space, but teams like that aren't like the steelers or packers or saints that have talent everywhere on the roster and every penny counts to stay under the cap.