Ravens Have Talked With LB James Harrison's Agent

Discussion in 'Baltimore Ravens' started by SRW, Mar 13, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

The Baltimore Ravens have had discussions with the agent of former Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker James Harrison.

Bill Parise, Harrison's agent, told the Baltimore Sun that he and Ravens general manager Ozzie Newsome have engaged in preliminary discussions.

"I've talked to Ozzie, sure have, had a good talk about James," Parise said. "It's early and we're not in negotiations, but we're having some good conversations. Baltimore would be an outstanding place for James to play because he knows the division and has that familiarity and they're a class organization. We'll see where it goes."

It's no surprise that teams are interested in Harrison -- Parise told the paper he's spoken with a total of seven teams about Harrison -- who was released by the Steelers a few days ago. But the Ravens are certainly an alluring destination for the 34-year-old linebacker. Baltimore has been depleted in recent days, especially their linebacking corps.

Source: CBS Sports

2. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Harrison was a terror at the end of the year when he got healthier. I really wish he was staying with the Steelers one more year, but anywhere but Baltimore Silverback.

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

That would suck...

4. CStevenson13

CStevenson13 1st Stringer

I would absolutely take him as a nickel rush LB replacing Kruger short term, but from what i've been hearing the Ravens are intent on getting younger and faster on defense

5. dad2paisley

dad2paisley Special Teamer

Since they are getting rid of old players, why would they want Harrison. He is not as good as he use to be.

6. CStevenson13

Now hearing Ozzie will talk to Harrison's agent 2maro, i'd take him as a nickel rush LB

7. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

they are gonna take a serious hit in the win/lost category next season with the caliber of players they lost last season.hard to replace the leaders they lost!

8. CStevenson13

Still several months before a football game is played, let Oz finish the job. I think we are gonna have a faster more talented defense and i think we'll be right back in contention. Theres a reason we will get 4 compensatory picks, we lose guys every year, we lost a ton last year and still won the super bowl.

9. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

This is James Freaking Harrison we're talking about. I wouldn't care if his driver's license said he was 45. Still a freaking beast that I am secretly hoping the Cards can get their cap nightmare hands on.

10. CStevenson13

Oh trust me im on board, it's not like we are going to ask him to cover anybody lol. He'd be perfect to plug into Kruger's role off the bench and just seem him after the QB 25 snaps a game